1) PAKISTAN - Severe weather
• Heavy rain affected several areas of Pakistan over the last week, triggered river and lake overflow in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Punjab provinces, affecting mostly the district of Chitral in northern KP.
• As of 19 July, the Provincial Disaster Management reports two people dead and widespread infrastructure damage. As a result, nearly 200,000 people are affected in Chitral, according to media, as of 21 July.
• Over the next 48h, more rainfall (locally heavy) and thunderstorms are still forecast for several areas of Pakistan, including Punjab and KP, and the risk of further flash floods remains in some low lying areas.
2) PHILIPPINES - Severe weather
• Heavy rains continued affecting the northern Philippines over the last few days causing more floods.
• As of 19 July (NDRRMC), due to the Southwest Monsoon enhanced by two Tropical Cyclones (see ECHO Daily Map of 14 July 2015), there were 17 dead, six people still missing, over 9,000 families (42,500 people) affected in Luzon and Visayas and 196 families inside 13 evacuation centers (mostly in Central Luzon region). On 21 July media reported four more dead in Luzon and thousands of people evacuated.
• Over the next 24 h moderated thunderstorms, rainfall and winds may still affect several areas of Luzon, as well as some areas of Visayas.