• A tropical depression formed over the Coral Sea on 9 April and started moving south, strengthening. On 10 April at 0.00 UTC, it was a tropical storm with max. sustained winds of 84 km/h and its center was located over water, approx. 200 km south of Rennell Island (Solomon Islands) and 700 km north-west of Belep (North Province of New Caledonia).
• In the next 24 h it is forecast to continue moving south, over the Coral Sea, strengthening, and on 11 April it may turn south-east and start moving towards New Caledonia.
TC PAM – Vanuatu - UPDATE
• The first round of distributions is nearing completion. Emergency food assistance is distributed in 20 of the 23 targeted islands. Almost 800 metric tons of food is ready for the second round of distributions.
• The Government-led assessment are finalized. Over 130 enumerators identified humanitarian needs, response and gaps across the affected areas.
• 30 000 school-aged children have been affected across the country. In Tanna Island, some schools still function as evacuation centres.
• The WASH Cluster has prioritised the Shepherd Islands for emergency water supply interventions and tarpaulin distributions.