• A 5.6M earthquake at 16km depth hit Dashtestan County, eastern Bushehr Province, north-eastern Persian Gulf coast, on 28 November, 13h51 UTC. The epicentre was located approx. 14km north-east of the County capital Borazjan (pop. 86 000) (GDACS).
• USGS-PAGER estimates that 4 000 people were exposed to Very Strong and 173 000 to Strong shaking (light brownorange area in the map).
• As of 29 November, FARS news agency and AFP report eight people killed and at least 150 injured. Iranian Red Crescent reports 2 000 people housed in relief camps. Buildings in Dashtestan have sustained damage, while electricity and telecommunication outages have occurred. The city of Borazjan and the surrounding villages are the most affected.
• The spokesman of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran reported to FARS that the activity of the nuclear power plant in Bushehr, approx. 67km south-west of the earthquake's epicentre was not affected.
• On 10 April 2013 another strong earthquake of 6.3M hit Bushehr province (ca. 80km to the south-east of the present earthquake), killing 37 people and destroying 700 houses.