- Heavy rains over the last two days have triggered extensive flooding in the greater Jakarta area.
- Approximately 19,000 people have been evacuated and another 55,000 are currently affected • The Government of Indonesia (GoI) held a coordination meeting the morning of 17 January, hosted by Coordinating Minister for People Welfare.
- GoI has indicated that the emergency response phase will continue through 27 January.
- National responses are being mobilized. GoI indicated that it has the capacity to respond to both short and longer term needs created by the floods. No international assistance is currently being requested.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.