Nepal, India, Bangladesh | Floods - DG ECHO Daily Map | 17/08/2017
• Heavy monsoon rains have caused landslides and floods across northern India, southern Nepal and Bangladesh.
• A third of Bangladesh is under water. The situation is expected to worsen, as swollen rivers carry the flood water from upstream India into the low-lying and densely populated Brahmaputra delta.
• More heavy rain for the region in the coming days is forecasted.
• With many areas still not accessible, the number of people affected is likely to rise further.
• The most pressing humanitarian needs are shelter (including NFIs), food and WASH, along with search and rescue and emergency health services.