• Heavy rain has been affecting over the past week several parts of the country causing floods.
• According to OCHA reports, as of 31 July, 120 people have died, 18 have gone missing, 51 have been injured, over 6 280 families have been evacuated and over 2 100 homes have been partially or fully damaged.
• Heavy has been affecting several parts of the country over the past month causing floods and landslides.
• As of 31 July, reports mention more than 134 people dead, over 700 000 evacuated and over 23 000 homes partially or fully damaged.
ECHO, ASDMA, IMD, Media, IAG
• Severe flooding continues to inundate new areas in the country’s central and southern districts. The situation in the north remains unchanged.
• Over 1.9 million people have so far been affected, over 180 000 houses have been fully/partially damaged and 16 people have been so far killed by flood water. At least 61 000 hectares of crop fields are inundated.
ECHO, FFWC, Media, NDRCC
CHINA, PHILIPPINES – TROPICAL CYCLONE NIDA
• TC NIDA made landfall over north-eastern Cagayan province (Philippines) on 31 July morning (UTC) as a Typhoon. It then continued moving north-west, exiting the Philippine Area of Responsibility. On 1 August at 6.00 UTC its centre was located approx. 340 km south-east of Hong Kong (China) and it had. max. sustained wind speed of 130 km/h (Typhoon).
• Over the next 24 h it is forecast to continue moving north-west over the South China Sea, strengthening. It may reach Hong Kong on 1 August evening (UTC), as a Typhoon. Heavy rain, strong winds and storm surge may affect the south-eastern parts of China, which were previously affected by floods. JRC calculations estimate a storm surge of the order of 2.3 m in Aotou (Guangdong province, China) on 1 August at 20.00 UTC.
• Heavy rain and strong winds previously affected several regions of northern Philippines causing thousands to evacuate, as well as traffic and transport disruptions.
GDACS, JTWC, CMA, PAGASA, NDRRMC, WMO, Local Media