POLICY ADVOCACY & INFLUENCING ADVISER
Annual Salary and Benefits
Internal Job Grade - C2
Contract type - Fixed Term
Reporting to - Country Director
Staff reporting to this post - None
Locations - Islamabad- Pakistan
Annual Budget - To be determined (EURO)
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Request for Proposal Notice
Nutrition International (NI), a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating vitamin and mineral deficiencies worldwide, invites proposals from competent Consultant/agency(s) or Agencies for conducting an Output-to-Purpose Review (OPR) of the Accelerating Universal Salt Iodization in Pakistan project.
Secours Islamique France (SIF) was created in 1991, and has developed international programs in order to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable populations in France and around the world. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and implementation of development programs. SIF strictly follows the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence, and impartiality while implementing programs.
· Takes initiatives to elaborate and implement the national policy priorities within the Oxfam policy. Signals opportunities for local co-operation and (back-donor) financing that contribute to the goals of Oxfam.
· Coordinate and liaise with relevant country teams in Oxfam, implementation partners and other key stakeholders.
· Contributes to the development, implementation and monitoring of the annual contract, in co-operation with (inter)national organizations.
• Builds relations within civil society and with high level decision-makers to influence for positive change on development in Pakistan;
• Makes strategic links with programme work to ensure Oxfam programmes, policy and research work together deliver positive change;
Leads long-term strategic planning to achieve influencing impact across whole country programme portfolio;
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
• To lead and manage Economic Justice, Governance and accountability Programme of Oxfam in Pakistan following an integrated approach with other country teams, utilizing and contributing to research, learning, programme development, influencing and campaigning work.
• To represent Oxfam externally with communities, the Government of Pakistan, donors and other key stakeholders.
• To engage diverse stakeholders of anti-poverty movements, engage minority groups, build alliances and manage partnerships to achieve Oxfam’s overarching goals.
Background Information - Pakistan
UNOPS commenced operations in Pakistan in 1999 and significantly up-scaled activities from 2005 onwards to support populations affected by and vulnerable to earthquakes. In 2010, UNOPS opened a permanent office in Islamabad to support the Government of Pakistan and other partners to undertake humanitarian and reconstruction services, following the most devastating flood in the nation’s history.
Chemonics seeks human and institutional capacity development (HICD) experts for the anticipated USAID Sindh Enabling Environment activity in Pakistan. The project will engage with the private sector and government of Sindh to develop policy reforms in support of agribusiness development. The activity aims to strengthen institutional capacity building for sustainable policymaking beyond the life of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics seeks technical experts for the anticipated USAID Sindh Enabling Environment activity in Pakistan. The project will engage with the private sector and government of Sindh to develop policy reforms in support of agribusiness development. The activity aims to strengthen institutional capacity building for sustainable policymaking beyond the life of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
We are seeking specialists in the following areas:
Request for Proposal (RFP) Notice
Nutrition International (NI), a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating vitamin and mineral deficiencies worldwide, invites proposals from competent Agencies/ firms for conducting a Salt Situation Analysis as part of NI support to, “Accelerating Universal Salt Iodization in Pakistan”, project.
Secours Catholique/Caritas France (SCCF) is opening a call for applications from qualified and experienced evaluators, consultants to conduct an evaluation of the project "Protection of the rights of the prisoners from the North Caucasus in Russia” implemented by the Civic Assistance Committee, a nonprofit charitable organization, Russia.
- Leading International development organisation
- Bring your skills and experience and help us end avoidable blindness
- Full – time, Fixed term position, based in Islamabad
A unique opportunity has become available to join one of Australia’s most well respected and fastest growing international development organisations – The Fred Hollows Foundation. Working across 26 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind.
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.