POSITION: Education Programme Coordinator
BASE LOCATION: Country Office, Cotabato City, Philippines
REPORTING TO: Country Director
STAFF REPORTING: Project Officers
The Education Programme Coordinator will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance on all elements of Education programming of Islamic Relief Philippines ranging from identification, development and delivery of education program which may include supporting MBHTE’s Curriculum, Learning and Delivery of Basic Education, functionality of School Based Management (SBM) and Parents Teacher Community Association (PTCA), community engagement, enhancing current monitoring, evaluation and accountability tools and systems for education programs, documenting standards and processes, technical report writing of education programs or education components of projects and leading capacity building of staff and partner staff.
About Islamic Relief Worldwide Philippines:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development organization founded in the UK in 1984 that envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. Working in over 34 countries, it promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy, and disease. IRW also responds to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis by providing them immediate support in rehabilitation.
Islamic Relief started operations in Philippines in 2013 in order to respond to Typhoon Yolanda in collaboration with the Government and UN/NGOs/private organizations. Over 39,000 Typhoon Haiyan affected families had been reached by providing access to livelihood opportunities, access to water, health, and sanitation (WASH) and a decent house to live in accordance to Build Back Better design.
Islamic Relief moved its Country Office to Cotabato City (Mindanao) during 2017 to support the government in its efforts to help communities in case of disasters and provide support in government’s efforts to alleviate poverty and illiteracy in the region.
- Lead the technical design and implementation of education interventions.
- Provide technical oversight of all education project activities to ensure successful program implementation.
- Lead and support MBHTE and SDO’s in strengthening the School Based Management (SBM) and Parents Teachers Association and other community action initiatives.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Basic Higher Technical Education (MBHTE) and key stakeholders to strengthen education systems, policy, and governance.
- Lead on partner and staff capacity building and mentoring for education interventions.
- Work closely with the MEAL team, in putting in place education monitoring plans, project quality indicators, ensuring alignment with reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the MEAL team to put in place accountability activities for education projects, ensuring feedback is utilized to improve projects.
- Work closely with the Communications and Advocacy Team to develop education materials and visibilities.
- Oversee the development of program and donor reports on education projects in compliance with internal IRPH requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Provide general oversight to education budgets on projects and other education initiatives.
- Ensure lessons learned and good practices are documented and disseminated to shape education strategies, technical approaches, and contribute to broader organizational learning.
- Direct management of field staff, ensuring compliance with the project’s requirements and IRPH policies and procedures.
- Represent IRW in networks/clusters in assigned area or where required at provincial and/or national level.
- Successful delivery of project outputs.
- Ensure the wellbeing of IRPH field staff.
- Work independently on tasks related to project planning and implementation with periodic reporting and direction from supervisor.
- Make decisions on project implementation and its daily management responsibly based on available resources, skills and knowledge of staff and access to affected communities.
- Ensure implementation of locally appropriate and feasible projects in close consultation with local authorities and communities.
- Proper management of financial resources, equipment, and project utilities.
- Work in adherence to IR’s policies and procedures.
- Masters/Advanced degree in Education and Development or related field.
- A minimum of 5-7 years professional experience leading, managing and implementing education programs, preferably in a conflict setting experience in the INGO/Humanitarian field.
- Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with donors and government counterparts.
- Knowledgeable on Philippine Education System.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, particularly communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences.
- Computer literate and adept in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong ability to design, implement and monitor programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and/or to facilitate teamwork.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to other peoples’ views and perspectives, and conflict resolution.
- Strategic leadership skills.
- The capacity to develop and maintain an understanding of and be sympathetic to the social, cultural, and political context of the post
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial, and local).
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Previous experience, Knowledge/familiarity with Mindanao region/country.
- Able to form creative solutions in problem solving, strategic planning capabilities and strong supervisory skills.
- Good organisational skills and a practical knowledge of support service management.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV with a cover letter on or before **14 August 2022** to HR.Philippines@islamic-relief.org.ph with email subject or reference: Education Coordinator Application.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a humanitarian and development organization and working in Livelihood, WASH, Education and DRR sectors in line with our vision of a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled, and people respond as one to the suffering of others. We work regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, or gender.
Selection will be based on application letter, CV, interview, and other relevant documents (as requested). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Walk-in applicants and applications sent through Islamic Relief Philippines social media account i.e., Facebook, will not be entertained.
As the position needs to be filled in on an urgent basis, therefore, we may stop receiving applications as soon as there are applicants suitable for the position.