Under the overall and administrative supervision of the Chief of Mission of IOM Peru and the direct supervision of the Senior Program Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day operational and administrative support for the IOM Peru Senior Management, managing the Senior Program Coordinator agenda, ensuring the timely preparation of relevant background documents, and organizing briefings for meetings; ensure that relevant staff is informed and called to attend. Assist in the follow-up to meetings, including preparing relevant notes and briefing to staff, as appropriate.
- Provide technical support to the IOM Peru Senior Management and the communications team on the design and development of presentations and institutional documents related to IOM Peru project portfolio and activities.
- Plan and organize the IOM Peru Senior Management travels on duty (TDY), including ensuring the timely preparation of briefing files and background documents by the relevant units and colleagues, and ensuring the preparation of mission reports. Ensure synergy between the Senior Program Coordinator’s agenda and that of relevant program coordinators or project managers.
- Assist in the follow-up to meetings and prepare relevant notes and briefings to staff, as appropriate. Systematize and distribute the action points and outcomes of the main internal and external meetings of the IOM Peru Senior Management.
- In coordination with the Senior Program Coordinator, draft background documents, notes for the file, presentations, and ensure the timely and qualitative drafting of speeches and speaking notes. Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, refer it to, and hold consultations with appropriate units/officers. Take the initiative in drafting and preparing correspondence for the Senior Program Coordinator’s signature.
- Produce talking points for the meetings of the Senior Management of IOM Peru. Support the Senior Program Coordinator in interactions with the Government of Peru’s senior officials, UN entities, civil society, the private sector, and the academia.
- Assist in the elaboration, planning, tracking and application of financial, accounting, procurement and human resources procedures.
- Undertake duty travel as requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, International Relations and Social or Political Sciences, Law or a related field with five years of relevant professional experience or;
- Bachelor's degree with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, collection and systematization of information, and report writing;
- Previous experience working on social projects, such as strengthening social inclusion and promoting the rights of migrants and refugees.
- Experience in working in inter-agency and collaborative environments.
- Previous exposure to work with UN agencies, Governmental entities, Civil Society Organizations and other stakeholders.
- Solid drafting skills and experience in the drafting of strategic documents
- Demonstrated high competency as a writer and editor in English and Spanish;
- Demonstrated photojournalism skills;
- Knowledge of graphic design, web, social media and video production;
- Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems,and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- -Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Solo se considerarán aplicaciones que cumplan con el perfil solicitado. - No se considerarán aquellas aplicaciones recibidas en fecha posterior a la clausura de la convocatoria o que no se especifiquen el código de referencia. - Esta convocatoria está abierta únicamente a ciudadanos nacionales o extranjeros legalmente autorizados para trabajar en el país. - Cualquier oferta laboral en relación con este aviso especial de vacante está sujeta a la disponibilidad de fondos del proyecto.
La contratación de esta candidatura está sujeta a la validación de referencias, aprobación médica. Se debe contar con el certificado de vacunación COVID completo y/o programación de la segunda y/o tercera dosis, así como a la verificación de residencia, visa y autorizaciones por el Gobierno local, en caso de ser aplicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Candidatos interesados están invitados a postular enviando un correo a firstname.lastname@example.org con el asunto: “RRHH 93_2022 Executive Assistant” adjuntando su DNI o pasaporte, carta de presentación y CV en formato PDF renombrado de la siguiente manera: “CV APELLIDOS_NOMBRES”, hasta el 18 de agosto del 2022 a las 11:59 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 04.08.2022 to 18.08.2022