Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Mueda, Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarités International intervened in Mozambique in March 2019 for a few months following the passage of Cyclone Idai, which hit the Province of Sofala and the city of Beira hard. Operations were suspended after the emergency phase and the mission closed. The evolution of the situation in Cabo Delgado province, hit by several cyclones and severely affected by the violent actions of armed groups claiming to be IS, which caused the displacement of nearly 700 000 people, led to an assessment in May 2021 and to the reopening of the mission. The assessment, carried out in the most affected district highlighted needs, particularly in the WASH sector, and the lack of emergency actors. The mission is opening in a complex security and administrative environment, where access will be a major issue.
Solidarites International was one of the first INGO actors to respond to the growing crisis in Cabo Delgado, leading emergency response and distributions in hard-to-reach areas. SI has completed its opening phase, and is planning to scale up in 2022. A new field base in Palma is planned for the first quarter of 2022, and multiple new projects are opening.
this post will lead the MEAL activities for all the ongoing projects in different sectors: WaSH, Shelter/NFI, CCCM, RRM and FSL both in and out of sites. Activities are multisectoral, and covered under several different donors and grants. Transversal Meal (monitoring, evaluation, capitalization and learning), and complain mechanism to be set up and implemented for all project implemented in Mueda: RRM, CCCM, WASH in emergency and structural, food distribution, Shelter/NFI and CCCM. Later on FSL should also be added in the portfolio of acivities.
Activities will be implemented in Mueda, Nangade, Muindumbe, but could be extended to other districts/province under request.
Complementary projects, as well as other project targeting other district are under development.
ABOUT THE JOB
The MEAL is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals. He/she is responsible for overseeing the MEAL team and guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) implemented.
Specific stakes and challenges
- Establish meal plans and tools
- Recruit and train the MEAL staff
- Establish the MEAL department and structure it at base level
- Follow up and reinforce CRM mechanism
- Ensure the follow up of indicators.
- Coordinate strategy, tools and guidelines with PM meal in Palma.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Ensure recruitment, setting up and training of the MEAL team.
- Establish MEAL plans for all ongoing projects and newly set up ones.
- Construct Meal tools and strategy
- Reinforce CRM strategy, tool and implementation
- Guarantee quality and monitoring of all activities and program implementation according humanitarian and Si standards.
Education: Master degree in economics, statistics, Meal or other related subjects ( or engineering grade)
- At least one year of experience as MEAL manager in humanitarian environments or similar position in private sector
- Experience in program management in humanitarian context
- Experience in working with different donors (BHA, ECHO, UN etc)
- Management of at least 5 persons
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
- Multiple donor and amount budget management
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge about MEAL processes
- Good data analyzes skills
- Proficient in the use of KOBO data collect
- Confident and proficient in the use of Excel
- Extensive report writing skills in English
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with PMs / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 1 800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link : https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=74509
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/