myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Global Communications Director, you will help tell myAgro's story with a focus on internal stakeholders. In developing and implementing an internal communication plan, you will be the "face and voice" of our internal communications work. You will support employee engagement and maintain alignment across our goals and external communications activations.
- Develop and implement an internal communication plan to support myAgro's goals by defining internal audiences, developing audience-specific versions of communications, and overall mobilizing team members while driving transparency and clarity.
- In partnership with the Global Communications Director, work with the Chief of Staff, CEO, and other executives to assist them in developing a compelling, consistent communication style, congruent with myAgro's organizational culture—myAgro's internal brand voice.
- Manage internal communications goals by measuring, analyzing, and reporting the reach and effectiveness of communications, using data and feedback to make adjustments based on needs and leadership direction.
- Identify and maximise internal communication channels to ensure messages reach myAgro team members.
- Serve as a key internal spokesperson for the communications team and deliver comprehensive, fun, and engaging all-employee meetings, including materials (e.g. decks, videos, posters, etc.)
- Work with HR, development, sales, and innovations teams to source information, craft materials, and ensure internal brand voice.
- Contribute to the work of the communications team, strengthening the function and building capacity.
- At least 4 years of experience implementing internal communications strategies at an international NGO, startup, or in a corporate setting.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Knowledge of internal communication best practices.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and turn them into action by crafting inspiring and engaging communication products that are globally relevant.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to juggle operational delivery with strategic thinking.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to distill complex and technical information for diverse audiences.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a diverse, international environment.
- A commitment to myAgro's mission and values.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.