CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
A person on this position reports to Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination and is leading on resource mobilization, design and preparation of all CARE Yemen new concept notes and proposal as per CARE Yemen and global strategy and in close cooperation with Technical Advisors, Program Quality Unit and Area Offices and. This person also supports Deputy Director for Program Development and Coordination in designing fundraising strategy for CARE Yemen and direct coordination with donors and CARE Member Partners on potential new funding opportunities and program design. S/he will be also responsible for building the capacity of CARE’s Area Offices program teams as well as Local Implementing Partners in project design, management, budgeting and reporting.
Program Design/Development and Resource Mobilization
Program Development Coordinator key roles and responsibilities:
- Leads on proposals and concept note development process for new funding opportunities and ensures its alignment with the CARE Yemen program strategy, humanitarian standards and cluster guidelines
- During program design, responsible for close coordination with CARE Yemen Program Quality Unit – MEAL and Technical Advisors
- as well as with Area Offices project teams, finance, HR and CARE Member Partners - Leads on resource mobilization process, in coordination with Program Quality Unit
- MEAL as well as Technical Advisors
- Designs and revises existing tools and templates supporting resource mobilization and projects development processes
- Supports the CARE Yemen position by seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the resource mobilization efforts
- Research and identify new opportunities - including new growth areas, partnerships, activities and services to CARE Yemen program participants.
- Monitors and analyses new funding opportunities that align with the CARE Yemen program strategy
- Supports the design and review of the assessments and baseline surveys and reports to gather and prepare background information and data for the future design of new projects
External & Internal Coordination
Program Development Coordinator will be leading and communicating with all CARE Member Partners on all new proposals or funding opportunities, and liaise with Deputy Director Program Development and Coordination - to determine whether the funding opportunity meet CARE Yemen funding strategy. In details, Program Development Coordinate will:
- Represents CARE at relevant fundraising meetings and discussions with donors, CARE Member Partners and other coordination meetings as requested by the line manager
- Prepares necessary documents and agreements regulating cooperation between CARE Yemen and CARE Member Partners for all new projects
- Program Development Coordinator will be responsible for orienting Area Office program teams on how to conceptualize ideas into programmatic concept note based on identified need in their areas of operation and as per CARE Yemen program strategy.
- Program Development Coordinator will additionally line manage Program Budget Development Officer (PBDO), responsible for preparation of all new projects and concept notes budgets as well as documents required to obtain necessary permissions and agreements from Yemeni authorities. PDC will be responsible for mentoring, guiding, supervising and evaluating work of PBDO.
Other possible responsibilities as assigned
- Any responsibilities that may be assigned by direct supervisor (Deputy Director, Program Development and Coordination) and/or ACD - Programs
- Master’s degree in International Development, Community Development, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Community Development in combination of education and work experience.
- At least 5 years field experience in development, rehabilitation and/or relief programs
- Extensive experience of proposal development and program design
- Donor relations and networking
- Familiarity with key development and humanitarian aid donors.
- Experience in building coherence between project documents, including log frames, narrative proposals and budgets and for providing direct writing support during proposal development processes with ability to coordinate proposal development process with technical team and field teams as well as CARE Member Partners. Skills in Contracts Development. Under standing of donor guidelines during proposal development.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time