Position Start Date : September 1st, 2022
Duration : 15 months
Location : Amman, Jordan
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes foundation (Tdh) in Lausanne, is the leading Swiss organization for children’s aid. Through its Health, Access to Justice, and Migration programmes as well as its cross-cutting expertise on Child Protection and WASH, Tdh provides assistance to over 5 million children and their families every year in more than 30 countries worldwide. Tdh is present in 8 countries in the MENA region: Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, and Syria, working closely with regional and national partners.
The Health programme at Tdh works in Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) and aims to reduce maternal and child mortality, as well as the prevalence of malnutrition, through the development of innovative solutions. The Health Programme focuses on high-impact interventions in the following areas:
- Perinatal health, as this is the period in which the greatest number of mother and child deaths occur.
- Digital health, through the deployment of decision support tools that support health workers to diagnose and treat children correctly, and which has the capacity to reach millions of beneficiaries.
- Health system strengthening, for sustainability of our actions.
The Regional Programme Coordinator for Health in MENA, based in Amman, is responsible for maximising the impact of the current programme in Afghanistan, where Tdh has been present for decades working specifically on perinatal health; and for expanding our health interventions to other countries in the region according to identified needs and opportunities.
The Regional Coordinator reports to the Head of the Health Programme based at headquarters in Lausanne. He/she leads and coordinates the development and implementation of the health strategy in the region in line with institutional guidelines and the geographical context, while promoting a collegial, transparent, and efficient approach.
The professional responsibilities of the Regional Health Coordinator include:
- Coordinates and monitor the implementation of the Health Strategy in the region in conjunction with the Global Health Programme and in alignment with the regional strategy.
- Ensures the follow-up and proper implementation of yearly Action Plans – which set the key objectives and their prioritization - of the health programme in the region.
- Leads discussions with delegations, portfolio, programmes and transversal expertise for gradual implementation of health projects in agreement with the Theory of Change and global/regional strategies.
- Sets the ground for the deployment of the health programme in MENA and, within the available re- sources, collaborates in situation and data analyses, learning/evidence-based decision making, net- working, partnership mapping, fundraising and advocacy.
- Develops, strengthens, guides, and monitors the implementation of health projects in the region ensuring a coherent approach to maximise impact and following reference institutional framework, guidance, and methodology documents.
- Ensures the availability of technical expertise for delegations, including the development of a pool of experts to support the quality of projects.
- Participates in the production, data management and knowledge sharing in the field (research, capitalisation, evaluation, annual reports, etc.).
- Supervises country teams to ensure maximum quality in the implementation of activities and to respond to identified needs.
- Oversees the quality and alignment of interventions monitoring indicators and supporting data generation for project and annual reports.
- Supports, within the limit of available resources, the health response to regional/local emergencies in terms of tools and methodologies and ensuring the implementation of Tdh’s Nexus approach.
- Supports the development of project proposals in line with health strategy and theory of change with an emphasis on innovative approaches.
- Participates in fundraising at national and regional level through regular meetings and communications with key partners (donors, sponsors).
- Contributes to the production of articles, presentations, webinars, and other resources aimed at communications and fundraising activities.
- Support the visibility of Tdh's health programme in MENA, participate in regional working groups, regional and international events and conferences.
- Develops and supports strategic partnerships for health in the region.
- Develops synergies with government institutions, other NGOs, and local organizations, and nurture a network with key players and partners.
- Actively participates in the health team, portfolio, and regional meetings.
- Participates and contributes to the health programme discussions at institutional level.
- Contributes to the recruitment of national health staff when required.
- Fosters the correct communication and visibility of Tdh.
- Undertake duty travel for project development/implementation of networking, as required.
Higher education degree in development studies, management, international relations or other fields related to the functions of the position.
A university degree in Public Health or in a medical field will be an asset.
- At least 10 years-experience in coordination and implementation of health projects, within NGOs and/or International Organizations, in international cooperation and/or humanitarian context.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of Digital Health, Maternal and Child Health, Nutrition, Health System Strengthening (preferably in MENA).
- Significant experience in developing partnerships, identifying new opportunities, and mobilizing resources.
- Excellent public speaking skills (conference, workshop) and ability to adapt to different audiences (governments and local authorities).
- Significant experience in programme/project management and team management.
- Experience in writing project proposals and managing grants, fundraising, and good knowledge of funding partners.
- Good knowledge and experience of the project management and M&E cycle.
Proficiency in English. Arab and French an asset.
IT Knowledge :
Excellent Ability to operate Microsoft Office 365 Suite : Word, Excel & Power Point.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations between CHF 5’600.- and CHF 6’000.- gross /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JHTXFnhi?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.