The MEL Manager will lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning system for a five-year USAID-funded rule of law program in Kazakhstan; assess program impacts and successes of activities and performance at all levels. They will conduct impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and needs assessments to identify necessary changes and future program opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Review and monitor program theory of change and logical/results frameworks used to ensure that identified outcomes and outputs as well as strategies for the program remain relevant;
● Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by program team members and program counterparts;
● Develop written and visual representations of program outputs, outcomes, and impacts for external audiences;
● Develop the program’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan, setting out specific quantifiable performance indicators and targets for overall activities, and establishing monitoring systems to measure program progress;
● Lead a Learning plan that draws on Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) practices and informs program activities
● Analyze, collate and consolidate outcome and outputs assessments into quarterly and annual technical reports and workplans, and provide recommendations for revised approaches where necessary;
● Design, develop, and lead monitoring and evaluation trainings for staff;
● Other duties identified by the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
● At least 5-7 years of experience designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities;
● Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related field;
● Experience with strategic planning, and/or performance management, including experience implementing international development programs in rule of law, good governance,
● Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data;
● Experience with both a complexity aware approach and CLA practices as outlined by USAID
● Knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for monitoring and evaluation, especially impact evaluation at an international development organization;
● Knowledge of USG and/or other donor contracts, cooperative agreements, and grant regulations;
● Proven ability to deliver a quality written product and visual presentations; experience and competency with data analysis and producing quality descriptive data visualizations;
● Fluent in English and Russian; Kazakh is a plus
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.