About the role
The overall goal of the upcoming Fiscal Accountability Strengthening activity in Ghana is to strengthen the capacity of oversight institutions and both the integrity system and the public financial management mechanisms that can contribute to resolving the broader accountability challenges to support improvement in the delivery of services. The Activity is also intended to strengthen district assembly and civil society oversight of district financial operations and responsiveness, as well as geo-spatial planning systems for revenue generation in 10 districts in Northern Ghana.
The Public Financial Management (PFM) Advisor will provide technical leadership, overall project management, and quality assurance for public financial management interventions in coordination with the Chief of Party (COP), partners, and short-term technical experts. (S)he will ensure productive working relationships between private and public entities, specifically establishing close working relationships with counterparts in relevant Ministries at the national and sub-national level, and will coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor and team to conduct PFM assessments and track progress through implementation. The PFM Advisor will provide training and capacity building to promote an improved understanding of financial and planning processes across counterparts, and shall also direct capacity building for the increased use of electronic PFM systems.
Ghanaian nationals/US citizens are encouraged to apply
Qualifications The candidate for the position of Public Financial Management Advisor shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Education A Master’s Degree or advanced degree in economics, finance, business, public administration or a related field, and shall be a member in a recognised professional body.
Skills And Experience
- A minimum 8 years of experience in public financial management reform, and institutional capacity building of government systems; preferably with multi-sectoral experience;
- At least 5 years in a senior management or leadership position;
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects and strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred;
- Demonstrated capacity to provide overall strategic vision and project leadership, management, and technical direction of a diverse team of technical experts;
- Experience leading policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation efforts;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate with cooperating partners (donors), the Government of Ghana, civil society, and implementing partners;
- Previous experience in successfully managing a donor cooperative agreement or contract at a senior level;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development, mentoring and professional development; and
- Prior experience in strengthening sub-national government entities.
Language Fluency in English is required, and fluency in a local language will be advantageous.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.