INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Manager
Duty station: Tudora and Chisinau
Starting date: 17/07/2022
Contract duration: 31/12/2022
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Project staff
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is currently present in Poland,Moldova and Ukraine to guarantee primary healthcare, protection and psychological support to refugees from Ukraine, with particular attention to the most vulnerable people, such as women and children.
General purpose of the position
In close collaboration with the Coordination team, define and plan project objectives and priorities, identifying humanitarian needs, analysing context and humanitarian issues at stake, risks and constraints and calculating human and financial needs.
Coordinate, in close collaboration with Head of Mission, operations, strategic growth and strong external and internal representation in order to efficiently ensure the goals and improve targeted population’s conditions and humanitarian situation.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Represent INTERSOS within project limits proactively participating in relevant technical coordination meetings, cluster meetings and working groups. In close consultation with the Head of Mission, develop institutional contacts with local government and national partners at project’s level (civil society, civil and military authorities, NGOs, non-state actors, Ministry of Health representatives, UN agencies and donors etc.) as well as with media in order to obtain all information and agreements necessary for the integration of INTERSOS ’s programmes in the local context and improve the targeted population’s awareness on them
- Supervise the political and humanitarian situation in the project’s region in order ensure that INTERSOS’s charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners
- Together with Coordination and project team, evaluate needs by identifying the population’s status, by analysing the context (environment, actors involved, negotiations for access etc.) and associated risks and constraints in order to define priorities and projects goals and to calculate material, human and financial resources needed
- Propose and carry out exploratory missions and rapid assessment related to INTERSOS strategy in the country, according to Head of Mission and Medical Coordinator indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs and design new project proposals
- Steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives, schedule in order to monitor progression and early detect deviations and propose corrections
- Provide reporting to the Coordination team on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed
- Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, in order to broadcast INTERSOS achievements and improve awareness
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analysing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations in course, in order to bear witness of and to render the populations' distress public
- In coordination with the HR department and relevant Managers, plan and organise the organizational charts, distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their comprehension of the issues linked to the Project and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals
- Inform the field team on the instructions given by the Coordination promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules
- Supervise full implementation of safety protocols in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staffs
- Is responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for
- In coordination with the HR department and relevant Managers, identify training needs, building the capacity, coordinate, supervise and motivate the staffs, supports ad hoc training sessions and on-the-job training, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to INTERSOS values and project’s goals
- Supervise all orders (logistical and medical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, in order ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes
- ·Define and regularly update, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Project’s security policy and strategic response to emergencies, reporting any concerning issue, in order to improve risk working conditions and to ensure staff’s full adherence to security rules and protocols. Manages the security in the project, ensuring that all necessary security measures are in place for the safety of INTERSOS staff and its operations
- Monitor financial supervision of expenditures
- Produce monthly internal specific report and elaborate mid-term and final report according donors rules and regulation and INTERSOS Project Appraisal Tool, ensuring accurate data collection and timely submission
- Ensure accurate data collection and reports are submitted in a timely manner for all activities within the project
Required profile and experience
Master degree, preferably in humanitarian operation/international cooperation/human rights and similar
- Minimum 2 years relevant Project Management experience
- Previous experience in responding to humanitarian crisis
- Experience in managing medical/protection programs will be considered a plus
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Knowledge of local language will be considered a plus
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic vision
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioural flexibility
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/62b1cabfed3ede001ffd77e8
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2614-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.