Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International Americas has been operational in the USA, Latin America & the Caribbean since 2014 and is currently implementing projects in the fields of Health, Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Sustainable Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaption in Colombia, Haiti, Peru, Mexico and the USA. Since 2018, Malteser International Americas has expanded its medical aid activities in Colombia as a response to the increasing influx of refugees from crisis-ridden Venezuela.
In order to support our team and national implementing partners in Riohacha, Colombia, Malteser International Americas is looking for an experienced Country Administration Manager.
As the Country Administration Manager you will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of all main program support functions including general administration, finance, human resources, and logistics in Colombia. With line management responsibility for staff involved in support roles you will oversee and further develop the financial, logistical, administrative and security set-up and management of our operation, ensuring compliance with Malteser International and donor procedures (BPRM, GFFO, UNHCR), standards as well as rules & regulations.
- Enhance capacities and workflows of national staff and act as interface between program and support team to improve efficiency, quality and compliance with MI and donor guidelines
- Oversee the financial management including accounting, liquidity planning, budgeting, budget controls, donor reporting, payroll
- Oversee procurement procedures, as well as fleet, asset, and stock management, with particular focus on medical stock management
- Oversee human resource management
- Review internal controls and audits and ensure that findings and recommendations are addressed
- Review safety and security plans and protocols and update/ improve the existing mechanisms and tools
- Supervision of national implementing partners including regular visit
- 3-4 years post qualification experience in financial, logistics, administrative and safety and security management in the humanitarian or development cooperation sector
- Experience in administrative standards and requirements of donors (BPRM/USAID, UNHCR, and/or Germang overnment)
- Experience in project cycle management, office organisation and HR
- Good training/capacity building and management skills
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Good organisational skills, flexibility, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and spoken Spanish and English
What we offer:
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Duty Station: Riohacha, Colombia
- Duration of contract: 12 months with perspective of extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience, health insurance support, 20 paid leave days per year
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please have a look here.
Malteser International Americas 1011 First Avenue Suite 1322 New York NY 10022, USA www.orderofmaltarelief.org
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online at our job portal until 8th July 2022.