The Internal Control and Compliance Officer serves within the Internal Control and Compliance Unit and assists in the conduct of internal audits, internal reviews, spot checks, will assist on some layer of review on investigations upon request of Risk and Compliance Director; supports on following up mitigations of the risks at provinces level; conducts awareness sessions and capacity buildings for staff of provinces based on the results of the different layers of reviews, audit and promotes improved compliance throughout all office of Save the Children in Afghanistan.
The role requires to travel to different provinces where SCI Afghanistan has interventions.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Performs the audits for the North, South and East provinces of Save the Children as per approved ToR and Internal Audit Plan with instruction of supervisor
- Performs spot checks, internal reviews upon request of Risk Compliance Director and Head of Internal Control and Compliance Unit
- Reviews supporting documentation based on selected sample and records the results of the review to internal working tools
- Consolidates all identified audit findings and drafts internal audit report with detail recommendations for review of Head of Internal Control and Compliance
- Supports the internal control and compliance team in identifying fraud, red flags and assisting on conducting an investigations
- Updates and consolidates an Internal Audit Recommendation Follow Up Tracker based on developed recommendations
- Maintains and update the internal control and compliance department's trackers
- Maintains and update the filing system of internal control and compliance department
- Conducts Internal Audit, Spot checks or any other type of compliance review of Implementing Partners at the provinces based on Internal Control and Compliance annual plan
- Documents the results of audits, reviews with the application of internal working tools that supports on drafting internal reports.
- Performs visits to implementing partners provincial offices and carry out spot checks and reviews the activities of partners and provides constructive recommendations to implementing partners on audit, compliance and relevant issues and provide on-the job training.
- Supports Implementing Partners staff on external audit preparation
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions within partner organization, by following up of audit findings with auditee on regular basis.
Training Development /Capacity Building
- Develops training needs plan based on identified gaps in a period of audits, reviews, etc
- Prepares training materials and presentations on particular topics and coordinates with Head of Offices an arrangement of an internal training for staff provinces
- Provides training and capacity building based on identified risks and findings for staff at the field offices
- To perform field, visit to field offices based on agreed plan on task implementation for the selected filed office
- Performs related work as assigned by Risk and Compliance Director and Head of Internal Control and Compliance Unit
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Audit, Accountancy, Business administration or other financial area preferred
- 2+ years of working experience in Non-Profit Organization at area of audit, control, compliance and related field.
- Ability to conduct quality control reviews of audit work products
- Ability to collect and analyse complex data, to evaluate information and systems and to draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to have a good written and verbal communications including active listening and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Good command of English and computer literate i.e. MS Office
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 30 June 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS44NTc3NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20