Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Tanzania.
Job Description Panagora seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID program in Tanzania. designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative evaluation studies and assessments; conducting evaluation syntheses or synthetic reviews; providing technical assistance in performance monitoring; providing monitoring services, developing, and delivering evaluation and monitoring training; supporting the Agency in learning from evidence to adapt programming; and supporting implementation of knowledge management practices and services. Tasks awarded under this contract will help USAID more effectively support countries as they become more self-reliant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership and management oversight of contract, including quality technical implementation and financial management
- Leading and supervising the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract
- Ensuring the high-quality and timeliness of all deliverables
- Reviewing financial and logistical information for USAID compliance
- Coordinating and collaborating with USAID, implementing partners, host country government officials, and other stakeholders
- Facilitating the use of performance information and evaluation findings to influence decision making and resource allocations
- Ensuring compliance of U.S. Government, local government, and Panagora Group rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures
- A master's degree in international development, evaluation, economics, or other relevant area
- At least 15 years of experience in international development, with at least 10 years technical experience in MEL and CLA; strong understanding of ADS requirements, the Program Cycle, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, the J2SR, and other significant Agency initiatives required
- At least 5 years managing large and complex projects/programs at the director level, preferably with USAID projects or with other international donors; COP or deputy COP experience of similar MEL platforms preferred
- Experience interacting with senior US government officials, UN agencies, regional institutions, national governments, local organizations, and partners required; experience interacting with host governments and their officials preferred
- Experience recruiting and successfully managing consultants, and ensuring the quality of their products; experience managing multicultural and diverse teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience living and working in Tanzania preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in Kiswahili preferred
- Experience in multiple technical areas, including: Indicator development and performance monitoring; Third-party monitoring; Qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation methods; Data quality assessments; Training/capacity building; Performance management planning; Geospatial analysis; Data visualization; Collaborating, learning, and adapting; Knowledge management and communications
How to apply
To Apply: Fill out the online application. https://panagoragroup.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/121290000029760077/Chief-of-Party-Monitoring-Evaluation-and-Learning---Tanzania?source=CareerSite
Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.