Position: Program / Admin officer
Reports to: Deputy Program Manager
Duration: 12 Months
About RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Program Manager, the Program/Admin Officer will provide support in the implementation and monitoring of RI’s projects in Syria and ensure transparency and integrity across all programs activities. The Program/Admin Officer will also between HR Department and Finance to ensure efficient program implementation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the implementation of day-to-day activities related to the agreed mobilization tool for each grant.
• Coordinate with Deputy Program Manager on follow up plans for monitoring and evaluation, timely reporting, timely course correction, project closure, project assessments, and internal information sharing.
• Follow up on recruitment plan for each health facility and provide needed support to the supported health facilities to ensure full alignment with agreed recruitment SOP.
• Under Deputy Program Manager supervision, to review, extend and amend Health facility’s MOUs and ensure reflection of agreed budget.
• In collaboration with the Deputy Program Manager, organize, document, and follow up on monthly meetings with health facility board members, provide gap needs analysis, and follow up on closing the gaps.
• Work closely with the field-based staff and health facility management to ensure quality control/authenticity of all support documents shared by the health facilities/RI field-based program staff. This includes collaboration with other operation departments to ensure the correct procedures and policies are followed/applied.
• Work closely with the field-based program staff and health facility management to provide them with on-job capacity building and ensure RI procedures and tools are understood and applied correctly by the RI-field based program staff and the management of health facilities. Remote training can also be used to introduce tools, systems and procedures to keep the field-based program staff up to date.
• Systematically Review, analyze and report monthly running cost for health facility, and provide needed payment requests to Finance Department with all related supporting documents.
• Coordinate with HR Department to review monthly incentives for indirect staff by checking new, resigned and change of status staff documents, and submit to Finance with needed MOUs.
• Act as communication focal point between all RI’s turkey departments and health facility board members and stockholders to ensure information streamlining.
• Record all trainings that are conducted in Syria and maintain an accurate tracker including (training agenda and materials, attendees list, etc.) to monitor and report on training indicator.
Reporting & Archiving:
• Participate in monthly, semi-annual, and annual grants reports by providing needed data to the Deputy Program Manager.
• Provide the Deputy Program Manager with immediate knowledge and analysis of any potential misconduct or gap in the field procedures regarding operations and administration policies; this should be done through RI’s complaints and feedback mechanism, coordination with the health facilities and coordination with RI’s HR Coordinator.
• Ensure full documentation for each grant and that all needed documents are archived as soft and hard copies.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• 1-2 years previous experience in an INGO.
• University degree on social studies or any relevant filed.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing policies, procedures and systems in remote settings
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
• Demonstrated excellent computer literacy (Excel, word, internet).
• Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive.
• Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
• Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
• We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
• We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
• We value
Transparency and accountability
Agility and innovation
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to provided in the apply/başvur button before May 31, 2022, stating in the subject “Program Admin Officer**“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline for submission of the applications