Country Head of Supply Chain - Poland and Cross Boarder
As a member of the SMT in the Poland Country Office the Senior Supply Chain Manager Poland and XB is accountable for all Supply Chain activities for Save the Children in Poland. This includes managing the successful supply chain for Save the Children's programmes in Poland and the service provision of XB aid to our Ukraine country programme.
The role holder will be responsible for establishing our Supply Chain operations in Poland, recruiting and training qualified permanent staff to replace the international surge and scaling up the delivery of aid from Poland into Ukraine. This will include managing the team to develop supplier relationships to meet the aggregated need of Poland and Ukraine, managing Fleet Assets, managing Warehousing and ensuring all Supply Chain activities are to a high standard, compliant with policies and procedures and deliver value for money.
This is a leadership role covering all Supply Chain disciplines, procurement, fleet warehousing and distribution.
Reports to: Programme Operations Director
Technical Line management: Regional Head of Supply Chain
Staff directly reporting to this post: XB Supply Chain Manager, Poland Supply Chain Manager.
Indirect reports: All Supply Chain staff in Poland.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Design and implement a coherent Supply Chain organizational structure that is consistent with SCI practices, responsive to programme needs and prioritise, and in line with Key Performance Indicators.
- Design and implement a supply chain strategy that delivers efficient and timely support to programmes within the complex and challenging context of Poland.
- Monitor performance and use data to provide regular analysis against KPIs and make recommendations for strategic improvements to the supply chain function
- Ensure supply chain preparedness for emergencies in line with Save the Children standards
- Provide overall leadership of Supply Chain functions for programme and emergency operations with more focus on strategy rather than daily operational matters.
- Lead the alignment of CO, Regional and Global Supply Chain Strategies to attain efficiency, effectiveness, and agility to respond to CO programme requirements.
- Ensure the implementation of Supply chain, Fleet and Asset management are in line with SC global policies as well as donor's requirements and ensure that they are implemented across the programme uniformly.
- Provide logistical and operational capacity building at country and field level to Supply Chain teams and programmes/project managers on Supply Chain procedures, developing Supply Chain strategies and managing Supply Chain within their technical areas.
- Guide and assist on the preparation of annual forward plan of logistical requirements such as vehicle needs, vehicle rental policy, ensuring that SC has the right number of vehicles of the right type, in the right place; achieving high levels of utilization through having efficient and competent drivers, effective maintenance systems and reliable Insurance cover to minimize risks
- Provide effective leadership on Global and Regional initiatives translating new initiatives effectively to the team and ensuring the right provisions are made in transitions.
- Provide a quarterly demand forecast from the consolidation of procurement plans.
- Ensure effective warehouse and stock management control are in place through the development and maintenance of effective systems.
- Make certain all Supply Chain requirements are delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with programme managers
- Review high value procurement documents to ensure that the right procurement procedure is followed, all the appropriate documentations are attached, and is approved by the right budget holders as per the SOD.
- Ensure that all monthly reports to Regional office and donors are appropriately prepared and sent with in the reporting period time frame
System Development and implementation
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of Supply Chain procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the Country Programme, including donor regulations. Briefing and training all relevant staff as required.
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate, cost effective, ensures Value for Money (VfM), is based on budget, and takes into account local and International markets, infrastructure, and context related constraints to ensure timely delivery
- Ensure the Country Programme's supply chain is set up and effectively operational through the Field offices to optimize resources, ensuring regular monitoring and support
- Liaise closely with the Safety & Security Director to ensure that all Security Guidelines and procedures are integrated fully into Supply Chain Guidelines and procedures.
- Collaborate with programme and operations staff on programme development, ensuring that all programmes at the proposal stage and throughout the life cycle of the project have a supply chain plan which will deliver the necessary commodities/ services on time
- Ensure TIM is functional and reporting, advise management on stocks/GIK management.
- Ensure that appropriate supply chain management and controls are in place for pharmaceuticals and food, and that Supply Chain related to Cash Transfer Programming is in line with the requirements of the SCI CTP Manual
- Submit timely reports on all aspects of supply chain and KPI management
- Ensure compliance with Save the Children's minimum standards and procedures related to Supply Chain. This includes reviewing and updating in-country procedures and policies for the management of all aspects of supply chain, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management in accordance with Total Inventory Management (TIM), and for the management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets
- Advise the CO SMT on issues related to compliance with Save the Children's supply chain policies and procedures, and relevant national regulations
Leadership and Team Management
- Manage and support supply chain staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, division of responsibilities, and staffing levels at both country and field office levels
- Manage the performance of all staff in the Supply Chain work area through effective use of the performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Ensure close technical support to Supply Chain staff in the field offices, to monitor their performance and provide skills training to fill any gaps in Supply Chain staff, Programme staff and Partners.
- Ensure appropriate training and professional development opportunities for supply chain teams, provide coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/work plans.
- Ensure the Country Programme as a whole has the capacity to manage effectively core Supply Chain to deliver programmes and respond effectively to emergencies.
- Ensure that supply chain staff and suppliers are aware of their safeguarding requirements
- Mentor, coach and work with the Supply Chain staffs to develop technical and managerial skills so as to assume greater responsibility.
- Proactively develop the skills of Supply Chain staffs to understand and utilise Supply Chain management tools to design and implement quality programmes. Orient non-Supply Chain staffs to optimise support effectiveness.
Develop and maintain an effective orientation package, and ensures that new staff members are appropriately oriented and in a timely manner.
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Equal Opportunities - The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures. Child Safeguarding - We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. SCI anti-harassment policy -The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the. Health and Safety - The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures
COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
- LEADING AND INSPIRING OTHERS
Demonstrates leadership in all our work, embodies our values and articulates a compelling vision to inspire others to achieve our goals for children.
Level required: Accomplished
- DELIVERING RESULTS
Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organisation
Level required: Leading Edge
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation.
Level required: Leading Edge
- COMMUNICATING WITH IMPACT
Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
Level required: Accomplished
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree or Masters in Supply Chain or related field
- Qualifications in Supply Chain or procurement
- At least 8 years' experience with Humanitarian or other development/aid agencies in supply chain management including significant field operations experience supporting both emergency and development programs
- Robust experience of INGO emergency programme cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure.
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of Supply Chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Experience working in conflict and high risk security environments with complex supply chain
- Previous experience of managing and developing a large teams and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
- Oral and Written Skills in Polish or Ukrainian
- Experience in managing medical supply chain preferred
- Previously completed Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This Role is offered on the basis of International terms and conditions. Also, interviews will be held on ongoing basis, adverts will be closed once a person is identified.
For non- EU citizens; Visa is to be obtained.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zMjUwMi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20