JOB TITLE : INTERNAL CONTROLLER
LOCATION: Port au Prince, Haiti
CONTRACT LENGTH: Open-Ended
The role holder is responsible for facilitating and coordinating Risk, Internal Control and Compliance, Internal Audit and Fraud in the country office under the leadership of the Country Director.
The role is a critical 2nd line of control for the organisation and requires independent and objective staff. The role report into the Country Director (CD) with a dotted line into the Regional Risk and Compliance Leader who has a dotted line into the Global Risk Director. The Regional Risk Leader will provide functional coaching/feedback and development to the individual and should be involved in their recruitment/ talent management/ objective setting processes.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Demonstrable experience at a senior level within both the commercial sector and large matrix INGOs as well as experience with child and adult safe guarding, safe programming, fraud prevention and harassment investigations is preferable in large matrix organisations.
- A strong understanding of international development/humanitarian work, humanitarian principles as well as the programming risks this entails to the affected populations and the organisation.
- Broad spectrum programme experience, with strong analytical skills
- Excellent business partnering and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to have a highly strategic focus, whilst dealing competently with operational matters
- The ability to understand and break down complex technical problems, both translating them into layperson's terms as well as finding solutions which work
- Willing to travel to support investigations or spot checks directly or to relevant attend events as required.
- Fluent in Creole, French and English language is required
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSABILITIES
The Internal Controller is responsible for but not limited within the below listed responsibility areas -
1. RISK IDENTIFICATION & ASSESSMENT -
2. RISK PREVENTION/ CONTROL & MITIGATION
3. CONTROL & MITIGATION TESTING COMPLIANCE -
4. INCIDENT RESPONSE/ INVESTIGATIONS (FRAUD/ MULTI FACETED) -
- ACTION TRACKING AND ASSURANCE
Support the country director in the annual letter of assurance process
This is a national position. We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday.
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Send us your CV and a cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNDEwNC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20