Solina is seeking to engage a suitable and qualified candidate as a Finance associate to support the Chadian Ministry of Public Health to implement the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to strengthen Routine Immunization (RI) program at the central level and across three (3) focus regions of Hadjer-Lamis, Kanem and Lac.
The Consultant will support the Solina team based in Abuja, Nigeria, support and train the core Program Management Unit (UGP), Directorate of vaccination, and provincial level staff in relevant financial management procedures using internationally accepted and program-specific financial management guidelines. The priorities will include supporting to set up and managing financial records for the immunization program, ensuring financial accountability structures across the central and provincial levels and building the capacity of government finance personnel within the directorate of vaccination and the UGP.
The Consultant must be resident in Chad and speak both French and English. H/She must be conversant with Chad’s health context and understand government structures.
a. The Finance Associate will support the delivery of the following:
- Support the Ministry of Public Health secure program counterpart funds from the Government of Chad alongside responsible government personnel
- Support the UGP to ensure timely disbursement of program funds from the central level to all other administrative levels
- Support the justification and validation of all submitted justification documents across the central, provincial, and district levels
- Support the conduct of the quarterly internal audit and annual external audit of the program finances across the three provinces
- Support UGP to interface with Tigo Cash and manage mobile money-related issues across the three provinces
- Support the UGP to produce monthly, quarterly and biannual financial statements and reports
- Build capacity of PEV and UGP finance team to be able to independently manage the financial management process
b. Other job responsibilities
- Participate in routine joint problem-solving sessions with BMGF, McKing consultant and Solina to discuss the status of implementation of the MoU interventions, the challenges faced and the way forward;
- Provide routine updates on program activities to Solina at the end of each week;
- Engage actively with UGP, MOPH, EPI leadership teams of the three focus provinces and relevant focal persons of RI partner organizations to foster a good relationship with Solina;
- Participate actively in BMGF and Aliko Dangote Foundation visits to Chad and ensure agreed action items are followed through;
a. Core requirements
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and thought leadership abilities;
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of EPI program management, operational planning, budgeting, financial and performance management cycles and processes;
- Secure people manager, able to manage and promote inclusive and diverse teams within the organization;
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace;
- Results-oriented performer, experienced in developing and tracking self and team with clear KPIs;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills – speaks fluent French and English;
- Commitment to reside in Chad through the period of the engagement;
b. Education and Experience
- Academic training: Minimum of a Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline;
- Experience: Minimum of five years of progressive experience implementing development programs, with a good understanding of the operations of the Government, and other development organizations in Chad;
- Consulting expertise: in strategy, financial systems strengthening is a plus;
How to apply
Please apply for the position in your preferred location by sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 27, 2022. Kindly state the role in the subject of your email as "Application for Finance Associate_Chad".
Solina is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.