iMMAP is an international not-for-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges. For more than 17 years, we have promoted a measurable change in people’s lives through our core philosophy: better data leads to better decisions and, ultimately, better outcomes. Our expertise in data management, analysis, and presentation has revolutionized the decision-making process for our diverse, multi-sectoral partners who seek enhanced coordination and sustainable solutions through information management. iMMAP’s mission is to be the first port of call for information and knowledge management expertise within the humanitarian and development community.
Scope of Work
The Information Management Coordinator (IMC) will lead the IM team providing Information Management support to OCHA, Clusters and NGOs in Yemen. In this regard, iMMAP team provide constant support in term of data management, data analysis, databases management, GIS, cartography and spatial analysis.
The Information Management Coordinator (IMC) will report to the Yemen Country Representative. He/She supports all goals and strategies of the iMMAP Yemen Program. They proactively engage with various partners to propose new systems and IM solution to respond to the challenges specific to the Yemen context
The Information Management Coordinator (IMC) will develop and maintain constant and good relationships with humanitarian partners, alongside working harmoniously with the iMMAP team members.
The following deliveries are expected from the position:
· Support the Capacity Building Coordinator and establish communication channels with partners in order to enhance training content and materials.
· Lead the IM support activities and assign IM support tasks to project team members.
· Ensure quality control of IM products and advise on sharing policies.
· Oversee Project’s IM Support resources and tasks and assign resources where necessary;
· Ensure proper visibility of iMMAP’s work in Yemen with close coordination with Communication Unit at iMMAP HQ.
· Support the recruitment process of project staff (review resumes and interview shortlisted candidates);
· Act as a Technical Focal Point of all IM activities, streamlining and advising on best IM practices where required;
· Continuously monitor project’s resources and evaluate the need for additional resources when needed;
· Coordinate activities in accordance with practices and rules applicable to other IM actors;
· Actively contribute to the development of programs and projects that will help achieve IMMAP’s mission and vision in Yemen;
· Develop resources necessary to support the organization’s mission, i.e. constantly support the business development efforts through identification and pursuit of projects opportunities and supporting new projects’ design.
· Actively contribute to the establishment of employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for all day-to-day operations, ensuring proper coordination with concerned units in Amman and iMMAP HQ.
· Establish and maintain relationships with different stakeholders and various organizations throughout Yemen and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance IMMAP’s mission;
· Responsible for effective administration and logistics of all Team’s operations;
· Act as technical M&E advisor, monitoring and reporting on key applicable key performance indicators.
· Actively contribute to project periodic reporting to donors’ and to iMMAP HQ with attention to highlighting achievements and progress of outcomes.
· Perform any other information management duties as assigned by Country Representative.
· University degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Information Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field.
· A High School diploma combined with an extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
· Minimum three (3) years of work experience in the field of Humanitarian Information Management is essential;
· Experience in data processing and analysis, the creation of reports and presentations (Excel, Access, SQL, PowerPoint);
· Experience in the use of software, such PowerBI, Adobe Illustrator and DHIS2/ActivityInfo.
· Experience in coordination and excellent skills at keeping others informed.
· Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
· Fluency in a 3rd UN Language is a plus.
· Ability to coordinate with UN, INGOs, NGOs.
· Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
· Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
· Self-reliant and able to work independently.
· Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills;
· Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
· PHP and HTML
· GIS systems and supporting software ESRI ArcMap10.x and QGIS
· Adobe Illustrator.
· Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/510