Location: Lviv, Ukraine (this may change during the deployment)
Department: Inclusive Humanitarian Action
Contract: Fixed Term 12 months
Package: £38,000 net, plus 20% Hard to Work Allowance, in Ukraine, accommodation provided
As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we are already responding with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions, with the intention to scale-up assistance in the central and western regions of Ukraine. We have also launched a programme to support refugees arriving in Moldova, where we also already have a presence, and are investigating a further response in Poland.
We are now seeking passionate, professional and experienced humanitarian professionals to support our response to the crisis. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
Key Areas for Impact/Influence and Responsibilities
As Gender & Inclusion Adviser you will –
Provide technical oversight for gender equality and inclusion of older people and persons with disabilities components of programmes operated by programme teams and ensure these dimensions are considered in the assessments / analysis, design and management of all programmes in the regional Ukraine response.
Identify needs and opportunities for HelpAge and partners to improve the design and implementation of programmes so they better recognise the diversity within the older population and ensures the voice of older men and women, with and without disabilities is addressed.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders including NGOs, UN Agencies, donors, governments authorities and other relevant actors to ensure profiling of inclusion and gender equality in older age.
Act as gender equality and inclusion focal point for HelpAge teams and partners and represent HelpAge externally through dialogue and collaboration with inter-agency mechanisms including the Gender Cluster and its sub-clusters.
Work with and build the capacity of in country gender focal points in Moldova and Ukraine.
Provide technical advice and capacity strengthening support on gender equality and inclusion to HelpAge Management and Project teams and work with Protection and MHPSS teams to promote, champion and support gender mainstreaming and inclusion across all areas of work, including but not limited to internal policies and practices.
Develop, update and disseminate HelpAge Gender Equality and Inclusion Strategy and Addressing Gender-Based Violence in Crisis action plans and develop and organize capacity building for HelpAge and other actors in the relevant clusters in this regard.
Strengthen the Gender Equality and Inclusion programme monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management system in close collaboration with the HelpAge Ukraine teams across the response.
Contribute to the improvement of programme quality and delivery of HelpAge work on gender and inclusion through the identification, sharing and application of best practice.
Support HelpAge team to implement the PSEA commitments across all activities, act as main support to the HelpAge Ukraine PSEA focal points network and liaise with the Global technical team as required.
Let's Talk About You
You will be someone with:
• Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. social sciences, international development, humanities or international law).
• At least 5 years’ work experience in either programme management or technical support roles on gender equality and disability inclusion.
• At least 2 years work experience in gender equality, GBV or inclusion (age and/or disability) programmes in humanitarian contexts.
• Demonstrable skills and/or experience of conducting gender analysis, including the collection, analysis and reporting of primary and secondary gender data.
• Understanding of power analysis and the intersections of ageing, gender, disability and other factors.
• Ability to think strategically and analytically across a multi-country response.
• Demonstrable skills and experience in research design, implementation and data analysis (statistical analysis skills are highly desirable).
• Demonstrable skills and/or experience in working with or influencing decision-makers, national governments or international institutions (e.g., UN agencies, UK, US and European donors).
• Demonstrable experience in engaging with external stakeholders and advocating gender equality and inclusion agendas and policies.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and dependably with colleagues and in a way that encourages experimentation, learning and agency.
• Demonstrable experience in training, capacity building and/or mentoring on gender equality and/or inclusion.
• Understanding of organisational gender mainstreaming initiatives and best practices.
• Ability to build relationships and work cross-organisationally and within networks with strong influencing and external representation skills.
• Experience of working with networks/applying partnership approaches, preferably with gender-focused organisations, women’s rights organisations and/or women’s movements.
• Experience of working with intergenerational approaches is desirable.
• Experience of working in difficult locations; ability to be resourceful and flexible in a limited resource environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (Ukrainian or Russian are desirable); ability to put complex concepts in a concise and simple manner.
- Good IT skills including all Microsoft Office applications.
Closing Date: We will review the applications as and when they are received due to the urgent need to fill the role.
How to apply
For full details of the job please visit our website: https://www.helpage.org/who-we-are/jobs/ukraine-crisis-response-gender-and-inclusion-adviser-ukraine/
To apply for a job at HelpAge, please submit the following documents:
A cover letter, setting out how you meet the requirements of the job profile. Please use bold headings for each requirement and provide examples.
Your current curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
Three referees, including your most recent employer
To be considered, please read the job description to find out more information and then email your application to helpAgeemail@example.com before the closing date.
Important Message: Please ensure that you remove personal information including your date of birth, age, gender and marital status from your CV. Please do not include any photographs.