Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Accounting Software Specialist (m/f/x)
Within MSF Operational Center Brussels (OCB), the Finance Department aims to ensure financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF OCB and ensures an optimal use of financial resources.
Within the Finance Department, the Finance Applications Support Unit (FASU) maintains, develops and administers the applications used by the Finance departments. The FASU is the center of expertise for the applications (used by the Finance department) and their data structure.
The Accounting Software Specialist is responsible for keeping the accounting applications used by MSF up to date and responding to the needs of their users. They achieve this by supporting developments made by other members of the FASU unit, IT department and product suppliers.
They support the users on the tools usage and makes sure that appropriate guidelines are in place and are updated at the same pace as the tool.
The Accounting Software Specialist works closely with the Accounting Team, the Field Accounting Controllers (FAC) team and Operational Finance Team in order to ensure that all needs are adressed adequately.
- Ensure that the accounting Applications correspond to the needs of the users and of the department internal clients.
- Responsible for the Internal control of accounting system: parametrization of system, data integrity.
- Support the implementation of accounting application in field missions.
- Consolidate all requests, validate possible developments/configurations, and prepare any technical requirements documentation needed by the developer teams in collaboration with the business owners and internal clients of the applications.
- Liaise with external developers and suppliers, and in collaboration with the IT department, evaluate if developments can be done internally or should be outsourced.
- Represent MSF OCB in international technical platforms for support and development of the accounting application that is shared with other MSF Operational Centres, deciding on any new developments on behalf of MSF OCB.
- Coordinate and organise the tests to verify that any application development / new configuration responds to the requirements.
- Act as the technical expert and referent in the project for the replacement of the legacy accounting application.
- Ensure that on time support is given to the application users and their supervisors.
- Support the application business owners to make sure that the tools are used properly and that appropriate guidelines are prepared for all tools.
- Give technical support to the Learning & Development unit on the development of trainings and e-learnings linked with the use of the applications.
- Keep the different sharing platforms updated with the last versions and guidelines.
- Within the scope of his position, they may be requested to provide support directly in the countries where MSF operates (at least once a year).
- If needed, develop and support bespoke excel spreadsheets and customise existing applications and excel spreadsheets to integrate data in the accounting applications.
- In case of need provide (backup) support on any other applications supported by the Unit.
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or related field (or equivalent working experience)
- Experience or strong interest in IT and new technologies
- At least 2 years of work experience in Finance with accounting application / ERP
- Professional experience in Belgian accounting is a strong asset
- Experience in change management
- Experience with Adfinity and/or Unifield application is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Fluent English and French
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, detail-focused, accurate, problem-solving skills
- Expected starting date: immediate
- Location: Brussels (Belgium) – possibility of partial homeworking
- Estimated 1x 2 weeks field visits per year
- Contract type: Open-ended contract
- Contract duration: permanent
- Full time
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid
- Meal vouchers - Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications**: 28/07/2022**
How to apply
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to Recruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Accounting Software Specialist” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.