The MENTOR Initiative is the world’s leading non-profit organisation dedicated to the control of malaria and other vector borne diseases in emergency settings, operating across countries in west, central, and eastern Africa and the Middle East. The organisation directly delivers large scale disease control interventions to the most vulnerable communities caught up in emergencies, and in parallel, also works to build the technical and operational capacity of local and international partners on the ground, to incorporate medium and long term disease control systems into their operations and country strategy.
The MENTOR Initiative seeks a dynamic and highly motivated candidate with a strong interest in disease control to lead and develop its country programme in Angola partnering with a strong headquarters team.
The MENTOR Initiative (MENTOR) works in partnership with the Government of Angola, through the Ministry of Health, supporting the implementation of the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and Malaria programmes.
MENTOR currently focuses mainly on 7 provinces: Huambo, Uige, Zaire, Bengo, Kwanza Sul, Bié and Cuando Cubango provinces. There is a residential base in the capital Luanda.
Place of Service: Angola. The position is currently based mainly in Luanda with frequent travel to Huambo and other provinces of Angola, Some International travel to represent MENTOR may also be required.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Country Director (CD) is required to assist the MENTOR Initiative in the overall implementation of the projects in Angola. Key to this is ensuring that programme objectives are fully achieved in a timely manner, whilst concurrently identifying needs, opportunities and informing strategic and operational response.
The CD will lead in-country organisational representation providing leadership overall responsibility for the management of all fundraising financial and grant management, human resource management, technical program support and logistics support*.*
He/she will coordinate the different programs in order to ensure consistent levels of high quality delivery, accountability and transparency across them all. He/she will directly supervise and support the MENTOR Initiative senior staff in the country, working closely with Admin/Fin Coordinator and the NTD and Malaria Senior Coordinators to provide solid management support to all programmes.
· Academic: a minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, International development, Programme management, epidemiology, or statistics.
· Job experience: Public Health or programme management with a minimum 5 years’ experience in managing large operations
· Skills: HR management, complex program management, M&E, Financial expertise and knowledge of Angola context
· Solid experience with large operations
· Organised, self-starter, able to build and maintain partnerships
· Experience in managing teams in the field
· Flexible and willing to learn
· Excellent team worker and communications skills
· Practical, hands-on approach
· Fluent in English and Portuguese
How to apply
CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com