The Better Health Programme is a 3.5-year project (2019-2022) funded by the UK Government’s Prosperity Programme. The programme aims to reduce NCD burden in the Philippines and improve access to safe, quality care using equitable, ethical and sustainable approaches. The programme will accomplish this through the implementation of a set of activities in the following areas: 1) Strategies to Counter NCDs; 2) Digital Health initiatives; 3) Education and Training; 4) Provider Performance Improvement; and 5) Life Sciences initiatives.
Scope of Work
Review with the BHP team the MuPLoMT Manuals, reports, training materials, and related documents that can be included in the Toolkit
Prepare an outline and table of contents for the toolkit
Develop a first draft of the toolkit based on outline and available materials
Review with the BHP team and LGU partners the draft toolkit
Revised the draft toolkit based on the results of the review
Consult the editor, graphic artist, and online editor on the preparations needed for the editing and printing of the toolkit
Make further revisions based on the inputs from the editor and BHP team
Submission of the final outputs in the required formats and versions
· Systematic review of reference materials for process guides and manuals
· Preparing content outlines of process guides and manuals
· Editing of draft guides and instructions intended to be part of process guides and manuals
· Conduct of consultations to review draft process guides and manuals
· Revisions of manuscripts based on discussions with authors and intended users of the process guide and manual
· Preparation of cover design and layout requirements for the process guide and manual
Required Education and Work Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related degree
· Preferably with graduate units or degree in communications, journalism, or related degree
· Preferably have attended short courses or professional development trainings on the development of process guides or manuals for health-related programs
· Must have had experience in preparing process guides and manuals for health programs
· Must have had experience in finalizing manuscripts intended for publication
· Must have had experience in preparing cover designs and manuscript layout
· Preferably have been part of a health program that published a process guide and/or manual
· Preferably have had experience in the dissemination and distribution of recently published process guide and/or manual
Target Engagement Period
· February 1, 2022 to March 30, 2022
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and updated CV/resume in single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or FHI360 Career Site on or before 19 January 2022. Please indicate the name of position applied for in the subject line following this heading format: FHI360-BHP-Position Applied For-Last Name of Applicant (Example: FHI360-BHP-Writer-Cruz). Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.