Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the activities of the Dandora Youth Friendly Center (YFC) and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Actively identifying the needs of the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the appropriate strategy and its budget. (medical, non-medical and mobile activities, campaigns, objectives, specific actions, etc.)
• Identifying indicators in order to monitor the activities results (medical & non-medical) and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities, in close collaboration with the Med Ref
• Supervising the YFC team and their activities, in and outside the center, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the YFC staff of the project according to MSF vision, values and procedures.
• Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team and supervisors for updates on activities and ensuring adherence to the MSF protocols and guidelines
• Liaising with other relevant actors (MoH, national and international NGO’s, CBOs, authorities,etc) also involved in Youth and SRH activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population
• Providing the monthly reports for the YFC according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
• Supporting and actively collaborating with the Dandora Youth Advisory Council
• Continuing with identification and mapping of partners who can collaborate with MSF in the YFC towards holistic services. Develop partnership agreements
• Community engagement in strong collaboration with IECHP department (developing and refining tools for active engagement and monitoring standards of the YFC, patient engagement and ongoing feedback)
Qualification & Requirements
Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies.
Essential 2 years of previous work experience in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research). Previous experience working with Youth is a plus. Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is a plus. Experience in qualitative research is an added advantage.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is a must.
Computer literacy, People Management.
Flexibility, commitment, stress management.
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Youth Friendly Center Activity Manager ”, to: Email: email@example.com