DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an energetic and committed person with documented experience in forming and supporting global partnerships and consortia and resource mobilization for international programmes from institutional donors. We are looking for a colleague in the Global Partnerships and Resource Mobilization (GPRM) Unit at our HQ in Copenhagen.
Your main task will be to ensure funding for DCA´s programmes and projects in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The exact country portfolio will be discussed based on your contextual experience during the recruitment process.
You will work to ensure sustainable funding for DCA’s programmes and projects from a variety of institutional donors (e.g. various development agencies, EU and MFA special grant mechanisms), to ensure quality in project design, to build capacity among DCA staff for project development and grants management and develop and maintain relations with the donors.
As advisor, you will work in close collaboration with colleagues in the technical units in DCA HQ such as program, humanitarian and mine action unit, compliance, finance, procurement and logistics, private sector unit as well as with the country offices.
You will become part of a dynamic and well-functioning team with well-developed procedures to support project cycles. You will be expected to work with a large degree of autonomy. The work routines in GPRM are often characterized by tight deadlines and require ability to coordinate processes and foster good work relations also in stressful situations. You will be expected to travel abroad, sometimes with a short notice. You will be part of a team that values mutual support, fun and well being as the way to successful achievement of very ambitious goals.
- Obtain and share knowledge on donor policies and priorities. This will include tendency monitoring and knowledge of funding cycles.
- Development of concepts relevant to donor criteria in liaison with DCA stakeholders and partners.
- Establish relevant relations with donors and facilitate overall networking in HQ and at the country offices.
- Coordinate and quality assure project design and proposal writing processes in cooperation with the relevant country office and units in HQ.
- Advise country office teams on contract negotiation, communication with donors and compliance of donor requirements throughout the project cycle.
- Support country offices in increased DCA branding and visibility among donors through targeted donor outreach.
- Support capacity building of DCA staff.
- Engage stakeholders, both internally and externally and develop long-term relations with relevant partners and donors.
- Facilitate the rollout of country office fundraising strategies and integration with country programme strategies and accordingly assist in prioritizing funding opportunities.
We expect the following qualifications from you
- Proven experience with major institutional donors including proposal development, donor liaison and grants management.
- Ability to effectively develop concepts, coordinate proposal development and reporting processes with the input of multiple stakeholders in programmes relevant to DCA’s focus areas.
- Strong background in quality assurance and reporting of international projects preferably from nexus and/or humanitarian settings.
- Relevant higher education.
- Ideally, we are looking for a senior advisor with a minimum of five years of experience, but we encourage candidates with all levels of experience to consider the position.
- Committed, flexible and result oriented.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- High standards of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 60 days a year to assist country offices and partners in proposal development.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, preferably also French.
- Cultural sensitivity, proven diplomatic skills and the ability to build relations both within and outside DCA.
- Work experience from or knowledge of DCA focus countries is an advantage.
- A meaningful and dynamic job in which you contribute to ensure funding for life saving activities.
- Challenging and varied work tasks.
- A committed and highly qualified team in Copenhagen and abroad.
- A permanent contract.
- Salary based on DanChurchAid´s collective agreement, an attractive pension scheme and insurance scheme.
- 37 hours/week, incl. lunch.
- Expected start date 1st of April 2022.
For further information about this position contact Tina Breum Mariegaard, Head of Unit at email@example.com or phone: +45 29 70 06 35. For further information regarding DCA, please visit our website at: www.noedhjaelp.dk or www.danchurchaid.org
How to apply
Deadline for submission is no later than 4th February 2022.
The first interview is expected to take place on the 10th February and second interview on the 21st February 2022. Please submit your application through DCA’s online system at https://dca.career.emply.com/da/ledige-stillinger
Qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only applications consisting as a minimum of a motivation letter and a CV will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that only applications submitted through our recruitment system will be considered.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.