Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers under the newly introduced Pacific Australia Labour Mobility (PALM) scheme which combines the existing Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP).
The Labour Mobility Administration Officer will support the operational activities required to process PLS and SWP registrations, support approved employers to recruit workers and worker mobilisations in line with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and External Trade’s Labour Mobility policies and procedures.
- Provide customer service and undertake reception duties, including fielding questions
- Data entry and maintenance of the Worker Registration and Recruitment Databases
- Scan and photocopy relevant documents as required by the PLS and SWP worker recruitment and mobilisation process
- Support the Labour Mobility Unit Team in its recruitment and mobilization events
- Organize meetings/briefings with PLS workers as required by the Labour Mobility Engagement Manager
- Manage PLS filing system
- Organize logistics for employer visits as required by the Labour Mobility Engagement Manager
- Organise logistics for training and awareness sessions
- Support Administrative tasks as prescribed or requested by the Labour Mobility Engagement Manager
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, Human Resources, Public Administration or equivalent (or with work experience) or working towards a qualification.
- Experience in fast paced working environments, with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrates high levels of initiative
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent in English
How to apply
Apply via our website only at:
Applications close 31 January 2022.