The purpose of the Livelihood and Food Security (LFS) Specialist position is technical development of the specific LFS, strategic direction and quality assurance, the LFS strategy and quality control. The LFS Specialist is responsible for mentoring, train and capacity build staff on LFS technical capacity.
- Develop LFS strategy and technical guidance that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within LFS, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from LFS implementation, and incorporate them in LFS and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff, in approaches including cash-based interventions and market based programme
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Support the consideration and inclusion of market based programming within NRC Kenya Common Objectives, through development of guidance, SOP and interdepartmental engagement.
- Support the implementation of Graduation projects, providing a technical role, developing the required tools, monitoring the results and coordinating with the external technical support received from Trickle Up.
- Technical focal point for projects focusing on livelihood promotion through commercially valuable skills and market-linkages for refugees and host communities.
- Technical focal point for projects supporting local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) growth and creation of economic opportunities through increased business.
- Gather and analyse food security and livelihoods-related data from target or proposed target populations, as part of integrated or joint assessments, and use this in response analysis to develop contextually appropriate, technically sound new projects and programmes and inform advocacy efforts.
- Ensure that all LFS programmes consider gender, environment, nutrition and protection in
- Provide technical leadership in responding to emergencies, with a focus on Food Security responses and Livelihoods protection and promotion support in hard-to-reach areas.
- Closely coordinate with all CCs and cross-thematic areas (including digital approach, gender, environmental and nutrition sensitive considerations) to maximise on integrated programming and promote durable solutions;
- Ensure the relevant safe programming principles are embedded in all LFS activities.
- Develop a fit-for-purpose system and tools for continuous quality improvement and learning in LFS programmes, and proactively document and disseminate lessons learned.
Professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience implementing Graduation and TVET projects
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Experience in external and internal coordination
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context in Kenya
For more information, here is the Detailed Job Description.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: 12 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified Kenyan Nationals only!
This is a re-advertisement and candidates who previously applied are requested not to re-apply!
How to apply
Please Click Here to Apply!