The Director - Humanitarian Access is responsible for leading on the organizational initiatives to protect staff, visitors and partners from any harm and/or abuses, as well as to protect SCI assets and operations from any potential damage. S/he will be also responsible for ensuring safe access for programs to reach the targeted beneficiaries, while developing and maintaining organizational policies and procedures for safety and security management. S/he provides advices to SCI Country Office leadership (SMT, ESMT etc.) and technical support to the field level team leaders and security focal points in the implementation of safety and security management frameworks, Minimum Operating Standards (MOSS) and facilitates the training and capacity building of staff.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree. A Master's degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, particularly with an UN / INGO agency in the relevant field
- Previous experience in South Sudan will be an added advantage
- Certified qualification in safety and security training skills will be an added advantage
- Experience in negotiation skill, representation, report writing
- Proven experience in context/security analysis and advising humanitarian agencies.
- Experience in developing and updating SOPs, contingency plans and other risk assessment and management documents and tools.
- Proven experience in incident/crisis management.
- Experience in conducting safety security training for both international and national staff,
- Fluent in English, and strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- Proven leadership role in crisis situation and be able to encourage, motivate and guide team members
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of international contract terms and conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bS5rdW1ib21id2UuMDEyODUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t