Creative Associates International, Inc. is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated Improving Pathway to Education (IPE) Education Activity project in Honduras. The overall goal of the IPE Activity is to gain safe and quality primary level education for at least half a million children and youth in Honduras, particularly students in transition grades. This Activity will aim to ensure that students progress through the education system and that they obtain the vital components to build a better society for the future in Honduras.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will work closely with and report to the Chief of Party (COP) to provide oversight for the Activity. They will supply overall day-to-day management and coordination of project personnel and functions, including ensuring that reporting requirements are met. The DCOP should be familiar with the components of the project and the required support services. The candidate must have strong leadership qualities and be able to manage project expectations.
- Serving as a member of the senior leadership team of the program and supporting the Chief of Party in oversight of project staff and activities.
- Serving as the secondary point of contact for USAID/Honduras and other USAID programs operating in Honduras, as well as with the Government of Honduras officials and key partners.
- Co-leading and/or reviewing and monitoring programmatic functions, i.e., development of work plans, budgets, quarterly/annual reports, and ensuring effective implementation of program strategy as articulated in the work plan.
- Provide technical direction and oversight in the design, implementation, and monitoring of work plans and budgets.
- Support technical strategies and activities at the national, regional, and local levels, including conceptualizing new activities related to emerging trends and initiatives.
- Supervise, either directly or indirectly, staff to carry out activities in the technical portfolio; in doing so, ensure activities are on track, and are delivered on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure adherence to USAID, project, corporate, and in-country policies and procedures governing all technical work.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations, peer-reviewed publications presenting innovation on education policy and systems, and white papers.
- Guide and support training and capacity development efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Organize, as needed, project/program training, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Other project-related tasks as required by the COP.
- Demonstrated senior-level leadership (e.g., Project Director, Deputy Director) to programs of similar magnitude and complexity is preferred.
- Demonstrated progressive experience working on education systems strengthening projects, including governance of education systems, education decentralization, inclusive education, safe schools, and community and private sector engagement for education, among others. Honduras experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior-level representatives of Ministries of Education, international organizations, U.S. Government Agencies, other bilateral donors, civil society organizations, and private sector organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and effectively and efficiently navigate the rules and regulations of U.S. Government awards.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with USAID (highly desirable) and other donors (e.g., GPE, World Bank, DFID, etc.).
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research).
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.