Creative Associates International, Inc. is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated Improving Pathway to Education (IPE) Education Activity project in Honduras. The overall goal of the IPE Activity is to gain safe and quality primary level education for at least half a million children and youth in Honduras, particularly students in transition grades. This Activity will aim to ensure that students progress through the education system and that they obtain the vital components to build a better society for the future in Honduras.
The COP (Chief of Party) will oversee the complete supervision of the project which includes all planning and implementation. The COP will be accountable for ensuring all project aspects are of high quality and have a measurable impact. The COP will also oversee communications with all partners, including the Government of Honduras as well as USAID. The candidate must have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work in complex situations/environments. This full-time position will be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- Lead the project team in setting and achieving project lifetime and annual goals, ensuring that it is effectively staffed and performing at the highest levels.
- Maintain effective and open communication throughout the project with USAID, Creative, project operations teams, subcontractors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Achieve project goals and objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Liaise and represent the project at meetings and events with the Government of Honduras, USAID, the civil society and private sector, non-profits, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure technical and administrative excellence and compliance.
- Champion a results-driven ethos built on effective Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and methodologies to promote Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation that ensures relevance and responsiveness as program needs and opportunities arise.
- Ensure effective communication of project successes and results to broad audiences.
- Supervise all activities of the project, and ensure compliance with USAID regulations and Creative's procedures, including procurement, finance and administration, human resources, and sustainability.**Qualifications**
- Master's degree in education or related field and 14 years of relevant professional experience, or PhD/EdD and 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in basic education intervention activities of similar scope and scale, including 5 years of experience managing complex international donor-funded development activities in Latin America.
- Minimum of 5 years' substantive experience as a senior manager with direct oversight and accountability for project deliverables on large international donor programs working with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: governance for transparent, effective, responsive education systems; access to and retention of inclusive, quality education programming for marginalized learners; and improvements to safety and learning conditions is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of capacity development and professional development is preferred.
- Ability to promote operational excellence through familiarity with best practices in budget management, financial controls, procurement norms, and human resource management in the public sector.
- Ability to rapidly and concisely prepare written progress updates and other deliverables in English that effectively synthesize multiple information inputs from other team members at central and subnational levels.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.