Desired start date: 15/12/2021
Duration of the mission: 1 year
Location: Juba, South Sudan
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI has been operating in South Sudan since 2006, and developed activities in emergency and post emergency context, particularly in rural and semi-urban areas. Its expertise in running emergency WaSH intervention is highly acknowledged by all WaSH actors and donors. Furthermore, SI is implementing longer-term WASH and FSL activities in multiple locations.
In 2021, the coordination base is in Juba, and there are 3 field basis.
SI’s current strategic axis are:
- Preparedness and response to acute multi-sectorial needs, with an integrated approach
- Improvement of the basic services and livelihood opportunities through multi-sectorial/integrated programs to increase resilience via mid-term projects
Estimated budget: USD 2,5 to 3 million.
- 9 international
- 30 national
To learn more about the South Sudan mission, please click here.
ABOUT THE JOB
The HR & Finance Coordinator, as the Head of HR and Finance Department for the entire mission, will direct, coordinate all administrative, human resources, accounting and financial services associated with the mission under direct supervision of the Country Director.
He/she directly manages a team of 4 people in Juba, and is the functional manager of 1 Log/HR & Finance Manager on base. He/she supports all the other HR & finance staff when needed or relevant.
He/she is the point of reference for the mission, and the link between headquarters (HR and Admin officers and Finance controllers) and the mission for all HR & Finance matters.
- he/she will have to ensure the revision of SI’s human resources and the implementation of finance policy in Coordination and Projects’ bases
- he/she will ensure HR, Financial, Accounting and Budgetary management within the mission
- Developing collaboration and networking with local authorities and NGOs working in the area
- Evolving nature of needs and interruption of the planned activities
- Coordination with all stakeholders
- Needs for capacity building of the teams
- Master's Degree or equivalent in finance, accounting and business administration
- Previous experience in HR, administrative and financial management for an international NGO is compulsory (at least two (2) years).
- Proven experience as an organized team and people manager
- Multigrants / Multiproject support experience is mandatory.
- Budget management
Experience with SI is an asset.
Previous experience in South Sudan is a strong asset
- Critical analysis
- Coordination skills and networking;
- Communication and diplomatic skills
- Organization, focus on objectives and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members
- Excellent team player
- Excellent capacity building / coaching skills
- Excellent stress management, and important flexibility
- Proactive, takes initiatives
- Willlingness to learn, to improve
- Mastery of Saga and Homere softwares
- Pack MS Office – excellent mastery of Excel included
- Bilingual in English.
- Arabic is an asset.
To apply, you need to be OK to work in a volatile, complex political and security environment
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
According to experience, starting from EUR 2640 gross per month (base salary EUR 2400 + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 700.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
The Fin/HR Coordinator will live in a shared guesthouse with other international colleagues.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI). In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package, which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Individual, comfortable room in the guesthouse, with electricity 24/7.
NB: During field visits, living conditions are much more basic.
- Internet and Phone network available
- Restaurants and international food available in Juba
- Malaria prophylaxis is strongly recommended during the rainy season
Please note that the COVID 19 pandemic can impact the movements (flights and visa issuance).
Safety and security rules are regularly reviewed and adapted to the situation, to minimize the exposure to the COVID 19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing, teleworking and strict hygienic rules, such as regular handwashing etc.
Please note that SI strongly recommends its staff to get the vaccination against COVID 19, using WHO-approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure, in order to reduce the future logistical constraints once on the field (administration of the 2nd dose within a certain time frame).
How to apply
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=67510.
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website.