Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC is seeking a highly qualified and dynamic professional to serve as Economic Recovery Coordinator for DRC in Ukraine.
Under the supervision of the Economic Recovery Programme Manager, Economic Recovery Coordinator will lead research, new proposal development and coordination functions. The special focus will be placed on exploring the opportunities for cooperation with the private sector and banking/finance institutions operating in Ukraine. In addition, this position will act as a focal point to coordinate the livelihoods working technical group, that will be created in partnership with the Food Security and Livelihoods Cluster.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Under the supervision of the Economic Recovery Programme Manager lead research activities, including initiating new studies, collection and analysis of data produced by other actors in the economic recovery field, etc.
- Provide lessons learnt analysis of the ongoing DRC livelihoods projects in Ukraine, that will be used for new proposal development.
- Mapping of the potential donors, private sector partners and other relevant stakeholders, that can partner with DRC’s economic recovery programme.
- Provide liaison function with the private sector (both national and international) operating in Ukraine and explore cooperation and co-investment opportunities with them, that could benefit population targeted by DRC.
- Explore cooperation opportunities with Ukrainian banking and finance sector, with the purpose to develop available business and housing loans schemes for the vulnerable population targeted by DRC.
- This role will also imply regular analysis and updates on the business loans situation in the region and their availability to the micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Coordinate livelihoods activities implemented by DRC with other similar actors, to ensure synergies and best effective use of the available resources.
- Lead the establishment and activities of livelihoods technical working group, that will be created together with the Food Security and Livelihoods Cluster.
- Participate in development of various PR materials, as well as monitoring and evaluation exercises undertaken within the Economic Recovery Programme.
- In the absence of the Economic Recovery Programme Manager, provide backstopping functions.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have minimum 5 years of practical experience in the economic development field, business and/or in the finance sector, such as private companies, banks or micro-loan institutions. Experience in banking sector working with the business credits is a big advantage.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of key office programmes
- Advanced English proficiency and Fluency in Ukrainian.
- Experience of working with the international NGO or similar will be an advantage.
- Experience in engaging in win-win cooperation schemes with the private sector, e.g. corporate social responsibility (SCR) schemes is desirable.
Contract length: until the January 2023, based on satisfactory probation period of 3 months, with possibility of further extension based on available funding.
Level: G non-managerial
Duty station: Sloviansk (Donetsk region).
Start date: January 2022.
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
How to apply
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Please apply by following the link https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19100&ProjectId=162888&MediaId=5
Closing date for applications: December 08, 2021.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.