International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is a youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self-development programs encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship to harness creativity for Youth system that provide jobs; offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities. Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youth of today as leaders with a strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
1. Join the Pipe Project: Installing sustainable tap water stations near playgrounds, city centres, parks, schools and bus stations in Africa; for people to access clean tap water whenever possible.
The project also works to bring awareness to the environmental impact of production and waste of bottled water through three ventures:
- A water kiosk at school: a school based, and students managed business selling clean tap water to community residents. It involves financing a community school to set up an onsite water kiosk with specially designed and sustainable products for children to transport tap water at home straight from school. It is both an educational and profitable business – teaching students’ business and entrepreneurial skills and generating much-needed income for schools.
- Public drinking tap water station: In partnership with urban Communities/Towns/Cities we install our non-breakable drinking water station in Public places for people to access clean drinking tap water free of charge.
- The Nairobi City Water project: which encourages people to drink water using reusable bottles for cleaner, healthier and sustainable communities. The project provides local habitants and visitors with affordable, sustainable, and attractive alternative to single-use plastic water bottles: reusable bottles, in combination with indoor -and outdoor tap water refill-stations installations. The proceeds from the sales of these products to high- and middle-income communities are used to finance Clean-up and access to clean drinking water projects countrywide.
2. Jijenge Kijana Fund: a youth livelihood pathway offering microcredit, micro-saving and training which enables ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods
3. Erasmus Plus Projects:
- Young Social Innovators- (YSI): Engines of Social Change. The project aims on one hand to conduct a comparative analysis of Youth Issues, Attitudes and Policies in relation to the social innovation processes from the perspective of various world regions, and on the other hand to promote the recognition of youth work by building the capacity of youth workers and youth leaders to empower young people for using social innovation in finding local answers to complex social and societal challenges in participating communities. This project is done in partnership with Europe House Slavonski Brod- (Croatia), Change It- (Czech Republic), Dejavato-(Indonesia), International Transformation Foundation-(Kenya), Brigada-(Peru), Meritum (Poland), VSA- (Thailand) and Taycen- (Tanzania).
- Reflect Experiment Capture – (REC) is a project entailing art, experimental filmmaking and new technologies and violence prevention in a single initiative. It tackles violence in general and bullying through experimental filmmaking as an innovative and attractive technique for any audience, especially the youth. This improves their administrative functioning, social and dissemination skills. This project is operated In Partnership with: INTRAS Foundation-(Spain)***,*** CJD Verbund NRW Süd / Rheinland- (Germany)***,*** CESIE-(Italy) and Dejavato Foundation (Indonesia).
- Social Entrepreneurship for Youth Power- (SET-YP) activity plan contributes to acquire and develop a mix of knowledge, skills and aptitudes that the youth need to succeed in the Labour market and generally to achieving the objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy and objectives of the Commission in the field of social entrepreneurship. This project is done in collaboration with these organizations: Geoclube (Portugal), PlanBe, Plan it Be it (Cyprus), Fundacja Centrum Aktywności Twórczej (Poland), System and Generation Association- (Greece), Center for Sustainable Development Studies (Vietnam), VHS Bhaktapur Community Learning Center (P) Ltd (Nepal), International Transformation Foundation (Kenya), Brigada de Voluntarios Bolivarianos del Peru( Peru) and Asociación Colombiana para el Intercambio Juvenil Cultural- ICYE (Colombia).
- GO-PRO Project The main objective of the project is to create space for the development of key information and communications technology (ICT) competences in the field of programming for children and youth. The project plans on achieving this by creating GO-PRO centres where modern programming education can take place and in the process awaken the passion to code in the youth. This project is done in collaboration with Meritum (Poland) and International Transformation Foundation (Kenya).
SALES and MARKETING ASSISTANT
As the sales and marketing assistants you shall work under our latest project which is the Nairobi City Water project. Your role as the Join the Pipe Sales and Marketing Assistant shall be as follows:
- Meet personal sales and collections targets as well as reporting requirements.
- Build and maintain strong, long lasting customer relationships.
- Call identified potential customers within 2 working days followed up by a visit within 7 working days.
- Identify New Business Leads (NBL) and work with line managers on business opportunities.
- Provide after-sales support and ensure client satisfaction.
- Plan and forecast working strategies, communicating weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in as Business Administration, Marketing and related fields
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials
- Have Strong communication skills both orally and in writing]
- Confident and determined attitude towards being a salesperson.
- Self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to navigate within a competitive market.
- High work ethics - emphasis on honesty, transparency, and accountability.
- Proficient in English and Kiswahili.
- Should be comfortable working with computer programs, including Excel
The volunteer is required to work from the office; at the current time remote working is not an available option.
Although ITF Volunteer staff enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF staff operate on full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.
How to apply
To submit your application, please email your resume, cover letter and ID scanned to: email@example.com by 7th December 2021
Make sure your email message or cover letter will cover at least the following aspects:
- How long you will work for us? (a minimum of six months commitment is required)
- Why do you want to work with us?
We DO NOT consider incomplete applications as well as candidates who are not able to cover the volunteer term expenses as mentioned in the above paragraph (Compensation).
For any queries get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +254770306839 or International Transformation Foundation on Facebook / Instagram /Twitter