Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- PNG and Pacific Awards Manager with the long-standing Australia Awards program in Papua New Guinea
- Until 30 June 2023
- Port Moresby with frequent travel to provinces
- ARF C3 level
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has six stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; Secondary Schools; and Higher Education. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Facility Director, the PNG and Pacific Awards (PPA) Manager leads and manages the delivery of Stream 2 of Australia Awards PNG (AAPNG).
This involves leading and managing the activities of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships (Stream 2) team. This covers all phases of the In-PNG Scholarship cycle including promotions, applications and selections, mobilisation and orientation, on-award monitoring, support and enrichment, and graduation. It also includes the provision of support for the capacity development of our partner tertiary institutions.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the PPA Manager will foster continuous improvement and innovation, ensure quality delivery, and maximise possible program outcomes for AAPNG.
- Degree qualification in a related field such as education, human resource development or international development.
- 5 to 10 years experience at a senior level in education or training planning and management or capacity development
- Highly developed leadership skills and project management experience including work planning, team/personnel management, financial and procurement management).
- Demonstrated and successful experience in working cross-culturally with colleagues, government agencies, service providers and other stakeholders.
- Strong experience with DFAT policies, systems and reporting requirements.
- Data management and analysis experience and experience providing robust and timely data for ICT databases/systems for the management of data.
- Experience managing a small team with diverse skills
- An understanding of education administration, particularly university administration, student recruitment, admissions, and/or scholarship management
- Sound quantitative analysis abilities
- Self-motivator able to drive a ‘can-do’ team culture
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and management skills
- Ability to assess and work sensitively in a cross cultural multi-stakeholder context
This position is classified Category C3 under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/sites/default/files/adviser-remuneration-framework-2016.pdf for further details.
This program is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
How to apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit Tetra Tech International Development Careers and search for job number 499346. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499346
Applications close: 5.00 pm (PNG time) Thursday 23rd December 2021.