All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR Team Leader position is to support the effective implementation of HR Policies, mainly concentrating on Compensation and benefit and performance management, through timely documentation of required information, processing of benefits and ensuring that staff have the right communication, and support managers on robust performance processes and related disciplinary cases are processes in a timely manner as per NRC and Jordanian labour law.
Prepare payroll in accordance to applicable guidelines and policies ensuring the payroll supporting documentations are timely prepared, approved, and appropriately filed
Reflect and update the employee allowances as per approved SOPs on monthly basis and maintain trackers and proper documentation/filing for applicable allowances; manage the archiving of the payroll documents ensuring that scanned copies are updated on a monthly basis to support retrieval for management use
Audit and check the contracts, timesheets and the monthly payments documents
Extract reports for the social security department on monthly basis including updates on unpaid leave days, maternity, adding new employees, and removing resigned employees etc.
Ensuring regular updating of information on registration and the deregistration of staff and any other laborer
registered in social security into the social security system and exporting end of service letters
Ensure handling and follow up on work injuries cases include updating of supporting documentation for claims, tracking and reporting the cases
Ensure follow up and timely reconciliation, payments and termination of benefits for all active staff
Maintain a status report(Tracker) in respect with all disciplinary cases and decisions,
Any other task assigned by the line manager
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
· Relevant NRC Staff
· Any other worker who should be enrolled in Social security; ex. Cash for Work workers
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human resources, business administration or similar relevant field.
Years of experience: 3
· Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR staff member preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context.
· Experience managing payroll and staff benefits in a busy HR environment. Hands on experience with HR software (HRIS). Familiarity with payroll software desirable
· Experience as an HR Generalist providing HR support and managing disciplinary processes.
· Having experience in managing people
· Computer literate with strong numerical ability/excel skills.
· Strong conceptual and Analytical skills with keen attention to detail
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
· Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
· Excellent skills in MS office programmes (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communication)
- Behavioural competencies
· Planning and delivering results
· Working with people
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Empowering and building trust
· Initiating action and change
· Managing performance and development