Position: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Baidoa, Somalia
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. ACTED’s staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Baidoa, Somalia.
This position will require the individual to perform transparent and efficient financial management for ACTED programmes in South West State, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
On a daily basis:
- Allocation of the Expenses: Daily allocation of expenses on “purchase orders” & “vouchers”;
- Data entry in SAGA: Daily vouchers to be entered in SAGA;
- Follow-up of Contracts: Update contracts follow-up database in TITANIC, whenever payments or any other changes occur to specific contract(s)
- Assistance: Assist the Country Finance Manager whenever needed
On a weekly basis:
Weekly cash request: Prepare Statement of expenditures and present it to the Finance Manager on each Friday
On a monthly basis:
- Cash Request (Monthly Budgeting): To prepare the monthly budgeting of the base office for the coming month and send it to Country Finance manager on the12th of each month;
- Monthly official signature table
- SAGA (Accountancy of the month): To send monthly closure of accountancy (Saga) to the CFM before the 5th of each month.
- Finance Vouchers of the month: Review and send all the Finance Vouchers to the capital office after receiving the SAGA backup.
- TITANIC: Prepare Titanic sheets of the Capital office and send them to the CFM before the 10th of each month;
- Maintain all allocation tables and BFU update on monthly basis;
- Assist with project budget development
- Ensure that all the expenses of the area are allocated on the available projects
- Ensure that the running cost of the area are not exceeding the standard norms
- Ensure that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM or CR;
- Review and check all project related financial, logistics, administrative, and program information and send them to the Capital Compliance Officer.
- Facilitate the country Compliance review process once the project has been terminated and ensure the accurate documentation of costs/expenses allocations within the documentation;
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
· A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Fluency in Somali and English language is a must
How to apply
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 6th December 2021 with the subject line Senior Finance Officer_Baidoa” **
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.