FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Director for the anticipated multiyear USAID Reducing Plastic Pollution project. The program aims to reduce leakage of single-use plastics (SUP) and create an enabling environment for policy development such as extended producer responsibility (EPR) in coordination with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. national and local governments, private sector, communities, NGOs and Academia).
The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Director will oversee all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning of the project. S/he will provide technical leadership to develop MERL plan and capture program intervention results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis, and develop and implement a learning agenda to inform policy makers and other stakeholders of the lessons learned. This individual shall be responsible for the overall knowledge management and thought leadership aspects of the project.
- Lead and ensure the quality and timely implementation of all monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management components of the project
- Produce project monitoring, evaluation and learning plan and data management plan, and oversee its management and implementation, including the data collection, analysis and reporting of data and information on project activities
- Design and implement MERL utilization plan both for internal and external audiences
- Supervise team of MEL professionals and support MEL capacity of implementing partners
- Secure timely, complete and accurate reporting from in-country partners, including data quality assessment (DQA)
- Coordinate and ensure quality of all project reports and deliverables and learning products
- Support DCOP in coordinating quality assurance of research/study including the knowledge products.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards meeting annual work plan objectives, adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making and ensure data use for project improvement
- Lead knowledge management and communication activities to ensure project information is readily available for use by target audiences and is compliant with donor policies
- Assist the Chief of Party in the preparation of annual workplans plans and budgets
- Participate on behalf of the project in appropriate technical meetings and conferences for knowledge dissemination
- Maintain a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with FHI 360 Asia Pacific Regional Office counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners
- Master’s degree (post-graduate or higher) in relevant subject such as statistics, data analytics, environmental studies, international development with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- At least eight years working experience including:
- Five (5) years relevant work experience at a senior level in monitoring and evaluation in of large donor-funded projects in Vietnam
- Eight (8) years prior experience developing M&E plans and conducting quantitative and qualitative research for environment, pollution, waste management, governance or public policy or natural resource management in Vietnam.
- Familiarity with USAID reporting requirements and indicators in the environment and plastic pollution sectors (preferred)
- Demonstrated research experience and skills, complemented by experience in collaborating with colleagues, peers and varying types of partners
- Strong written communication skills and experience with writing program reports and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to exchange information, present recommendations, and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the organization and externally
- Must have extensive knowledge in collaboration, learning, and adapting concepts for complex development initiatives.
- Knowledge in design or implementation of non-traditional methods in data collection and analysis
- Fluency in Vietnamese and excellent oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply
Please click the link to apply via job portal :
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Director -USAID Reducing Plastic Pollution (myworkdayjobs.com)