Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Sub-Regional Manager position on an anticipated USAID-funded Regional Disaster Assistance Program (RDAP) in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). RDAP’s primary objective is to build disaster management and risk reduction capacity to improve the ability of host nations and regional entities to effectively respond to disasters, reducing the human consequences of disasters and the need for U.S. government assistance. In LAC, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) office provides support to risk management programs through its regional office in San Jose, Costa Rica.
The Sub-Regional Manager will be responsible for the oversight, administration, and supervision of all training and technical assistance programs implemented in one of four project sub-regions in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. The Caribbean sub-region includes Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and Haiti. Sub-regional managers will work with the leadership team to provide daily oversight of staff in the sub-region; to monitor the creation and implementation of annual work plans, ensure appropriate utilization of resources and engage on issues or with entities working at the sub-regional level.
* Advanced degree in related field and at least four (4) years relevant work experience in developing countries, preferably LAC, to include experience in positions of responsibility in international development/humanitarian assistance programs, experience in Disaster Risk Management, and experience in disaster preparedness, training, mitigation, and response.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least seven (7) years of work experience in developing countries, preferably LAC, to include experience in positions of responsibility in international development/humanitarian assistance programs, experience in Disaster Risk Management, and experience in disaster preparedness, training, mitigation, and response.
* Knowledge of the disaster structures of the region, key players, and relationships amongst these agencies
* Familiarity with sub-regional government procedures/practices.
* Minimum three (3) years of mid-level management responsibilities, including program strategic planning, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation in developing countries as well as direct staff management, preferably managing a team of individuals working in different locations.
* Excellent knowledge of capacity building best practices and ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities, good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies.
* Previous experience in supporting disaster relief, humanitarian response, and disaster risk reduction programming strongly preferred.
* English proficiency Level 4 minimum required, 5 preferred. Spanish and French language proficiency highly preferred, but not required.
* Candidates must be legally able to work in any one of the following countries: Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Dominica, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, and Haiti encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/CaribbeanSRM
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.