The USAID West Africa Municipal WASH (MuniWASH) project in Benin, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a long-term Deputy Chief of Party. This position will be located in the MuniWASH office in Cotonou, Benin.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will manage overall technical implementation of the following MuniWASH Activity service areas: financial sustainability and private sector investment, operational reliability, and municipal governance and management in Cote d’Ivoire and Benin under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP). In coordination with the COP, the DCOP will serve as the main point of contact and legal representative of the activity in Benin, working to develop and maintain strong working relationships with Government of Benin national and local stakeholders. Complementing the COP’s experience in USAID management, water service delivery, engineering, and institutional strengthening, the DCOP will be a sanitation and fecal sludge management (FSM) expert who will provide technical leadership to enhance sanitation markets and service delivery. This will include experience improving market-based household sanitation, FSM service provision, and technical solutions to waste management. With frequent travel between Cote d’Ivoire and Benin, the DCOP will coordinate tasks, provide technical assistance, and align or tailor technical programming as appropriate. The DCOP will also oversee the project finance and administration team in the Cotonou office. The DCOP will serve as the direct point of contact with Government of Benin stakeholders.
* In coordination with the COP, provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field implementation team and additional short-term technical assistance resources.
* Provide technical assistance to the project in one or more specific technical areas, in accordance with the contract statement of work and approved work plan.
* Work with the COP to assure that equipment, local personnel, and project files are handled in accordance with client and Tetra Tech policies and regulations.
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff, in coordination with the COP, to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts.
* Provide day-to-day oversight of program activities through supervision of Country Managers/Governance Advisors.
* Coordinate interventions between the two countries, provide technical assistance, and align or tailor programming where appropriate.
* Help meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by USAID.
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners.
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels, and represent Tetra Tech in-country at conferences, seminars, and other professional meetings that require presence of project DCOP.
* Assist the COP with the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, of progress reports that update the client on project implementation, and of all other major project deliverables defined in the contract.
* Support the COP with Mission buy-ins through planning and technical assistance.
* Monitor and evaluate project performance and progress and inform the COP of the results of this monitoring.
* Serve as Acting COP as needed.
* Possess a degree in engineering, international development, business, or a related field.
* Minimum of eight years of demonstrated technical experience in water or sanitation service delivery, including in at least three of the following areas: investment mobilization and financing, water/ sanitation service chain development, fecal sludge management, training and capacity building, community engagement, or pro-poor approaches to WASH access.
* Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience in international development. At least three years must be in a management position.
* Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc). Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple geographies, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
* Knowledge of West Africa WASH sector. Experience in Cote d’Ivoire and Benin preferred.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPMuniWASH
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.