Desired start date: 15/11/2021
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Cabo Delgado /Mueda - Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION
Since 2016, the Cabo Delgado region has seen its security context deteriorate sharply with the appearance of a radical group fighting Mozambican security forces and government representatives. Exactions on civilians has become common. The AOG (armed opposition group) pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in Central Africa (ISCAP). This region of Mozambique was already among the poorest and most underdeveloped in the country (ranked 181st on the HDI). The ongoing conflict has triggered a humanitarian crisis and generated many displacements.
Solidarités International started an emergency response in 2021 to respond to the needs of IDPs (more than 800,000 according to current estimations) and host communities in the region, focusing on some critical sectors (WASH, Shelter & FSL).
Solidarités International began operations in the district of Mueda that was welcoming many IDPs. SI opened a field office in July 2021 and a country office in the coastal town of Pemba (capital of Cabo Delgado).
Since then, the conflict between the AOG and the Mozambican armed forces supported militarily by troops and material from Rwanda and the SADC has evolved and the armed forces have taken control over all major towns of northern cabo Delgado that used to be under control or influence of the AOG. Nevertheless, fighting and attacks continue to occur.
ABOUT THE JOB
The program manager is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals. (S)he is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program, and guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Recruitment and induction of a program team
- Deliver in Mueda technical work on water network rehabilitation, hand pumps, borehole drilling and solarization in Mueda sede and hard to reach areas.
- Coordinate with authorities and companies in charge of the water supply in Mozambique ( FIPAG, SDIP, DPOP etc)
- Ensure sustainable wash solution after prioritization of needs
- Ensure rapid implementation of emergency wash solution after prioritization of needs
- Establish a monitoring and CRM system
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
1 - Ensure first identified priority rehabilitation in Mueda water network (and other smaller gravity-fed/pressurized water networks in the area of intervention) in coordination and collaboration of the authorities in charge.
2 - Prioritize and support quick repairs solution to ensure quantity of water available in new accessible areas
3 - Kick-start of new projects (UNHCR and SDC, expected to be started by the current holder of the WASH PM position)
Education: WASH engineering educative background. Strong water network, drilling educational background is required.
- At least one year of experience as program manager in humanitarian environments or similar position
- At least one year of experience as water and sanitation technician or engineer in professional environments or similar position
- Experience in WASH project management is an asset
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately
- Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel, autocad and epanet
- Extensive report writing skills in English
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1980 euros gross per month (1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=66793. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/