For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s and since 2018, MdM has developed a program where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current program focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continues to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and to respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
MdM Iraq has identified four main pillars to guide the strategy between 2021-2023:
- Community health based approach
- Capacity-building at the DoH level
- Partnership with local NGOs
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the support departments at HQ and with the field teams in Iraq/KRG, you are responsible for the overall management of finance, accounting, budgeting, administrative, HR and legal aspects of the mission. You supervise 5 staffs in Erbil and support the staffs in the bases.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Implement and update the financial procedures and guidelines and ensure compliance and application
- Prepare, organise and supervise internal or external audits at field level
- Prepare MdM annual and donor budgets
- Ensure appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors
- Monitor overall budget consumption
Accountancy and accounting
- Be in charge for the respect of accountancy and accounting process
- Be responsible for the cash provision
- Assess the needs for the projects for the coming month and submit fund requests to HQ
- Organise and supervise all aspects of cash flow
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner
- Ensure the accuracy of the payroll and the timely payment of staff salaries
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy and links with regional coordination
- Contribute to smooth relation between MdM, authorities and governmental bodies in KRG/Iraq
- Be responsible for the registration, visa and residency process for all the expat staff
- Supervise the filing, archiving, storage and security of administrative documents
- Keep track on all contracts engaged by MdM
- Be responsible for the legal coordination and liaison with the lawyers for all legal matters
- Prepare monthly administrative report
- Define, update, distribute and supervise the implementation of the HR contractual framework
- Support the implementation of the updated MdM PSEA
- Monitor and update the organisational structure of the mission
- Supervise and/or carry out HR recruitment
- Supervise the administration management of staff
Team management, training and capacity building
- Ensure the cohesion within the administrative team and the relation with other departments
- Organize financial and administrative training
- Ensure that the administrative team skills are developed
- Support the field coordinators and their administrative officers
- Conduct performance evaluation of the team
- Support to finalize the annual individual action plan of the team
Communication, reporting and capitalization
- Liaise with international NGO finance coordinators in-country
- Contribute actively to country program meetings and weekly support services department meeting
- Lead regular administrative department team meeting
- Provide regular reporting on your activities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Duration : 7 months
Starting date : 15/01/2022
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Based in Erbil with regular travel to the field
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master degree/certification in finance, accounting, audit and administration will be preferred
At least 3 years’ relevant professional experience in a humanitarian context as support services coordinator, or administrative and finance coordinator
Experience in Iraq/Kurdistan will be preferred
Experience in developing capacities of local staff will be preferred
Master in Excel
Master in field accounting software (SAGA)
Languages: English mandatory. Arabic, Kurdish or French are an advantage
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JehUaJKW?idpartenaire=128