Title: Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Location: Thies, Senegal or Bamako, Mali
Reports to: Director of Agriculture
Language Requirements: French and English fluency
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro’s North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder here.
About the Role
The Regional M&E Manager plays a key role in improving our operations and communicating our impact to stakeholders. They will execute existing M&E programs, as well as work towards innovative improvements to our M&E systems. So what kind of person will be successful in this role?
- You are Fluent in Data. You know how to design data collection tools, efficiently manage data flows, and analyze and present data in concise and influential ways. In other words, you know how to find raw data and turn it into actionable insights for people across the organization and beyond.
- You are an Excellent Communicator. From carefully crafting the right questions to ask a diverse group of farmers, to training a team of surveyors on the subtleties of survey execution, to navigating the complexities of a growing organization, you are able to understand a wide variety of perspectives and clearly and convincingly communicate your message.
- You Thrive in a Fast-Paced Environment. We continue to grow quickly, and with that comes shifting priorities, unforeseen challenges, and the need for flexibility. Even during change, you are able to drive organizational growth by turning research questions into M&E plans.
The Regional M&E Manager helps us understand how our inputs and services benefit our farmers. With our ambitious plans to increase our scale and impact, this is a crucial role for the team. Many people across the organization rely on M&E insights, so the Regional M&E Manager will work closely with other teams to ensure they get the timely and actionable information they need. Being successful in this collaboration will require teamwork, humility, and mission-driven attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Design, manage and improve upon M&E activities
- Run our existing M&E operations with a heavy focus on collecting high quality and reliable data on harvest measurements with more than 2,500 farmers.
- Recruit, train, mentor and manage the country-based M&E field teams, including creating quality training materials, developing work plans, reviewing deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
Create innovative M&E solutions for core programs and pilot projects to track a variety of important organizational metrics including:
Farmer training effectiveness
Quantitative and qualitative impacts of our product and services
Analyze and communicate findings
- Set up real-time data management and Key Progress Indicator (KPI) systems to inform rapid decision making.
- Use software including Microsoft and Google productivity tools to summarize and visualize data and present to leadership across the organization.
Collaborate with other departments
- Work closely with farmer training, R&D, and fundraising teams to ensure activities support organizational M&E goals and meet data quality expectations.
- Act as a liaison between the Agriculture team and country-based Call Centers, designing phone surveys, training and monitoring Call Center agent data collection, and summarizing results.
Is this the Role for You?
You are RIGHT for this role if…
- You have 5 years of prior M&E experience – preferably including a background in scaling and expanding programs.
- You have designed, developed, and/or implemented M&E programs in rural areas.
- You have held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
You are NOT qualified for this job if…
- You do not have more than 5 years of M&E experience.
- You have never managed a team of 5 direct reports for more than a year.
- You are not fluent in French and English.
- You have no experience working in Africa.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.