Overview: Work with the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding organization to grow a new, youth-led initiative.
We are seeking interns to take the lead on shaping Mosaic, a new sub-brand that aims to support youth activists to translate their activism into systemic change through collaborative action — working across divides without compromising your values and beliefs. Through social media content and virtual skills-building experience Mosaic Power, we help activists who are facing pushback / backlash in their efforts to create change learn how to use collaborative — not just adversarial — tactics to uncover breakthrough, win-win solutions and catalyze enduring change that has widespread support.
As the Mosaic Outreach & Marketing intern, you will be working closely with the Children & Youth team and the Development, Marketing, and Communications team to provide writing, digital content creation, research, project management, and creative support. The intern will play a key role in designing and implementing a variety of marketing, branding, communications, and program development initiatives.
If you are a student and would like to earn course credit from your internship, we are willing to work with you to develop a comprehensive workload that is relevant to your field of study and professional interests.
We want our interns to make the most of this experience. To this end, we ask every intern to develop a set of strategic learning objectives at the beginning of their internship with their supervisor, outlining their key learning and professional needs. Search for Common Ground’s staff will work with you to ensure assignments are relevant to these learning objectives, and that you continue to grow throughout your internship.
While we’d prefer our interns be in-person, we can accommodate remote interns.
- Take lead on developing marketing strategies to attract more young people to our work
- Create digital content for and manage the Mosaic social media accounts
- Conduct research on and support the cultivation of strategic partnerships with youth-led and youth-serving organizations
- Participate in design processes to create skills-building opportunities that will equip young people with collaborative mindsets and skills
- Co-lead focus group discussions with youth cohorts
- Provide logistical support
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed
- Current student or graduate in Nonprofit Management, Conflict Studies, Political Science, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Experience in marketing and / or communications
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and in a team;
- Interest in nonprofit marketing or communications;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Creative and thorough approach to work;
- Positive attitude and willingness to represent Search at professional events *
How to apply
Salary: This is an unpaid internship
This position will close on December 31st.
Interested candidates should submit
2-3 page writing sample (creative or more casual writing pieces are preferred over academic writing)
Please apply via our website here