Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term technical experts in supply chain management (information systems/data management, data analytics, and performance management), cross-cutting systems strengthening (strategic planning, leveraging the private sector, institutional capacity building, enabling environment), as well as M&E, knowledge management, and communications, and CLA/collaboration.
The digital engagement and communications specialist works with the knowledge management and communications team to manage the digital footprint of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in project management, developing social media and website content and strategies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Project Management and Coordination
- Work collaboratively with communications, knowledge management, and project technical teams to meet project communication, and branding needs consistent with client standards.
- Coordinate the development of the project’s quarterly report—a 100+ page document —managing a calendar and timeline, leading meetings for contributors, monitoring contributions, identifying, and addressing information gaps, and managing deadlines to ensure that the report is delivered to our client on time.
- Collect information from across the project’s headquarters technical staff and over 30 country teams to produce the quarterly report.
- Manage the editorial and review process, ensuring that client feedback is incorporated.
- Manage requests to the Knowledge Management & Communications (KMC) listserv and work with the KMC Manager to assign and track tasks as appropriate.
- Work closely with graphic designers, monitoring and evaluation team members, and writers/editors from each health area.
- Share key metrics from the report on the website and social media.
Lead the development of a monthly internal newsletter highlighting publications from across the project
Website and Social Media Management
Serve as overall web and social media manager
Manage content for the project’s Drupal website, including posting to the website content management system (CMS), organization, tagging, working with content producers, and ensuring content is 508 compliant.
Work with a website developer to ensure website functionality and provide QA/QC of developer deliverables.
Provide quality assurance, cross-device, and usability testing; and oversee fixes.
Proactively identify and refine content for a spectrum of audiences and disseminate via multiple digital channels.
Troubleshoot website as needed.
Support the KMC team in developing and implementing a digital engagement strategy.
Manage social media, including Twitter, Linked In, and potentially adding a Facebook account.
Monitor key external social media accounts and identify opportunities for engagement.
Develop a quarterly analytics report evaluating content performance across all website, social media, and email channels to inform future content decisions.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Collaborate with KMC team members to produce content across the project’s health areas, countries, and technical areas.
- Provide high-quality writing and editing services for technical materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below represent the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, international relations, international development, global health, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of knowledge management/communications experience.
- Experience in project management and coordination of digital or print communications products.
- Substantive experience/knowledge of website and social media technologies and applications.
- Experience with content development, including written and visual narratives such as multimedia and interactive storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to convert technical content for general audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience developing social media in a professional environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to perform under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Experience with web server administration and interfacing with IT support
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive, email service platforms (e.g., Mail Chimp, Constant Contact), and various social media and web platforms.
- Experience maintaining branding standards and brand identity.
- Experience with content management systems
- Familiarity with AP style and Section 508 compliance preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
- Previous experience working with programs for USAID, other global development organizations, or USG.
- Familiarity with Global Health, particularly HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Reproductive Health, Maternal and Child Health, COVID-19, or other infectious diseases.
- Previous experience using the Drupal website platform.
- Previous experience with social media scheduling tools, such as Hootsuite.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and how to assess content performance.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Capable of editing video and audio.
- Proficiency in a second language.