Since 1992, Options Consultancy Services Ltd (Options) has worked in more than 60 countries to tackle some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. With longstanding connections to the places we work and a focus on strong relationships, our approach is long-term but adaptive. This means we are flexible enough to respond quickly while also supporting the development of locally rooted solutions. We believe this is vital to ensuring a lasting positive impact. Gender equality and social change is at the forefront of our work. As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
From governments to grassroots groups, we work with a wide range of organisations to improve health outcomes. With 30 years’ experience in global health, we work with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on programme and policy design and also extends to managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a particular focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
The position will work within the New Business and Partnerships team to play a key part in coordinating business development processes. This includes tracking and analysing new opportunities, online research to support positioning, and working closely with organisational partners and senior team members to develop technical and commercial proposals to secure new business for Options. The role also contributes to the implementation of Options’ new business strategy, supporting our approach to new clients, design and innovation, and expansion in new countries. The post holder will support the coordination of Framework contracts, helping to ensure the smooth running of frameworks including reviewing call-downs and facilitating go / no-go decision-making.
As Business Development Coordinator, you will be responsible for;
- identifying and tracking new business, including understanding the market and landscape;
- analysing opportunities, tender documents and potential partners in collaboration with senior Options staff;
- contributing to the development and implementation of Options’ strategy for expanding work with institutional donors, new clients, foundations and in new markets;
- supporting the development and maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, consultants, and potential partners;
- coordinating the preparation of pre-qualifications, expressions of interest, concept notes and supporting the bid manager in the development of proposals;
- liaising closely with the recruitment team to manage recruitment for new business;
- coordinating and ensuring the smooth running of framework contracts;
- along with the rest of the team, seeking ways to improve BD systems and processes to enhance the team’s efficiency, learning and knowledge management.
This is a full-time, permanent contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Business and Management, International Development, Public Health or similar);
- experience working collaboratively, ideally working in a professional office environment;
- interest and knowledge of health and international development issues;
- strong administration and organisational skills;
- ability to plan work and manage time to meet deadlines;
- excellent accuracy, attention to detail and good proofreading skills, including good Word formatting and proof-reading skills;
- intermediate level user of Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel, with the ability to format documents, work with document styles and create tables of contents;
- excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain positive working relationships;
- ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative;
- ability to cope with conflicting tasks and work under pressure;
- ability to work flexibly, and adapt to changing work situations;
- fluency in written and spoken English.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- Salary: £28,000 pa
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision
- Overseas candidates require a valid work permit
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 05 December 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 13 December 2021.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).